Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

On the creative side of life

I am going to squeeze a creative post in between all the photo posts I have lately done.  I am going to upload the Pregnancy shoot and Stefan's new born baby shoot photo as well as photos of Dewan's 3rd birthday party later this week.  I am always behind with everything lately and now need to upload the cards and layouts I made for the Sketch Support card week last week.  We are doing a product challenge for Nikki Sivils during the month of May and it is such fun to pop in every Friday on Sketch Support and see all the different variations on the same sketch.  The DT is rocking it.

My first take on the sketch is this card:
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed paper: Melissa Francis; Sentiment: Melissa Francis; Pearls: Melissa Francis; Flower: Prima; Other: Lace and Quickutz circles

Variation #1: I cut a background paper slightly smaller than the card base.

Variation #2: I stitched lace to the edges of the vertical strip.

Variation #3: I used a Prima bloom.
****************************
I can never resist doing a layout with a cardsketch:-)  This is what I came up with:
Supplies used - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed paper: Fancy Pants (Be You); Rub Ons: Fancy Pants (Be You); Clear cuts: Fancy Pants(Be You); Flower: Petaloo; Punches: EK Success border punch; Quickutz Circle die; Martha Stewart butterfly punch

Variation #1: I used the basic idea of the strip and circles and cut the vertical strip 4" enclosed by 1/4" black strips and 0.4 inch stripe strips.

Variation #2: My photo is 5x7 and framed with black punched strips.
*************************
I chose the Nikki Sivils "Messages" collection to work with for the product challenge.  Here is my card using Nikki Sivils products:
 
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers and embellishments: Nikki Sivils (Messages); Other: We'R Memory Keepers twine

Variation #1: I glued twine to the edges of the vertical strip.

Variation #2: I raised the circle with foam squares.

Variation #3: I punched tiny hearts and added it to the sentiment and the bottom half circle.

Thank you for looking.

xx

16 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous as always. Love the cards and the super cute subject of the layout.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of Leane and her friend - it's priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much prettyness my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... that pic is SO cute Lynette! Love the bright colours. Wonderful card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! I have to laugh cause you and I both used the Messages collection for the sketch this week! And we both used the "You're my Type" journal card! LOL!! Great minds they say!!

    I loveeeeeee your cards and your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo on the lo... just PRECIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely and love how you scrapped that sweet and funny photo! The colours are perfect and I really like the circular elements. Looking forward to photos of little Stefan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have missed seeing your scrappy posts too! I like these very much and I especially love that gorgeous card!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so beautiful, such attention to detail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Lynette. Thanks for sharing. LOL Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, adorable and fun creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Lynette! And OH I LOVE the layout! So sweeet - and perfect photo/title mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynette,
    Sounds like you are busy, such is life with a big family. ENJOY IT ALL!! Happy early MOTHER'S DAY!! Hope your day will be spent getting lots of love from your family and spoiled by them also.

    Love your layout, she is too funny. Great cards as always!! Love the way you pull colors and themes together, beautifully!!

    Have a good weekend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your comments on my blog, Lynnette. (I ordered the book today.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our card do look-alike! How fun :)

    And that is really awesome that you used the card sketch to make a layout. It is great working with Sketch Support this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, Lynette, 3 projects, all of them are so different from each other but they are all base on the same sketch!
    the first card is just so sweet and pretty! and this LO with THIS photo! it is so cute, cool and precious! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥