Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sketch Support March two pager

  Two-page Sketch #26

            

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog. This sketch must be my favourite since I have been on the design team.  I made two layouts based on this sketch...here is the first one.


"Bug Catcher to the Rescue" 
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers: Echo Park (Victoria Gardens); Flowers:Prima, American Craft; Brads: My Mind's Eye; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Bling: Prima; Punches:Martha Stewart; Alphabets: American Crafts, Paper Trunk, Basic Grey; Other: Doilies.

Variation #1: I replaced the thin strip at the top with the butterfly punched strip.
Variation #2: I cut my top printed paper squares to 3.75 x 2.75 and backed it with a 12 x 4 strip.

I had so much fun decorating and embellishing each little square.  Here is a closer look at some of the details: 

                      


Variation #3: I used only 4 x 6 photos.
Variation #4: I replaced the thin strip at the bottom with a swirly doilies punched strip.

                                                         • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
My second layout is done with photos taken last year in June at the Kirstenbosch Gardens in Cape Town.
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: 7Gypsies (Conservatory); Cards and cardstock butterflies: 7Gypsies (Conservatory); Butterfly, bee and dragonfly stickers: K & Co; Page Pebbles: Pink Paislee; Punch: Martha Stewart; Other: twine, dragon fly charm and doilies (unknown); Alphabet: Making Memories, Pink Paislee.


Variation #1: I replaced four of the blocks with photographs and cut them to the same size as the 7Gypsy cards.
Variation #2: I replaced the top and bottom strips with punched strips.

Variation #3: I used four 4x6 photos.


  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts. Love all the insect touches. Your layouts always adds that special meaning to your photos.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Yes, love the decorated squares with the doilies etc - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both stunning layouts Lynette! The Kirstenbosch gardens are so beautiful and you've really done it justice. Love all the punched borders. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are super talented my friend, and i do love the Kirstenbosch one

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a queen with pattern paper, these look amazing. I can never seem to get pp to work the way I want. Love seeing your pages though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMYGOODNESS!! Lynette!! These are both so beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and photos in each one...and love love love all the butterflies!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so beautiful Lynette!! I love that butterfly border across the top of your page on the first one...I didn't notice that the other day on the reveal at Sketch Support!! And I love the natural colors on your second one with the pop of red!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love Love both your layouts! All the little details are amazing and I love the borders on each LO. What punches did you use - I think I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layouts & you have inspired my scrappy mojo thats been lacking. Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette, these double LO's are beautiful! I love the butterfly border in the first! The embellishment on both are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet are these and so brilliantly done too. It is just amazing to see multi-photos layout as lovely as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jy maak my sommer lus om weer te scrap! Baie baie mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job with that sketch Lynette - it suits you to a T! Just love what you did in the blocks along the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have such a hard time with 2-page layouts, you make it look SO EASY! These layouts are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, Lynette! both of your double-pagers are stunning and they are so different in style and mood! I love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥