Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Human rights day in South Africa

Today is Human Rights day in South Africa.  So I am still sitting in bed with my laptop.  Happily blog hopping and reading the blogs that I have had so little time to visit lately.  DH was off to the golf course at 7 this morning.  I am planning to spend some time in my craft room today. In the late afternoon all my precious children and grandchildren will be coming so that we can braai (BBQ) and spend the evening together. Spending time with my favourite people always makes me happy.

I also want to share with you the project that I did for Sketch Support this week.

Add-on Sketch #15

                                                            

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog.  I decided to make a double layout using skech no 18 in Allison's new Travel Sketches book.


Birthday Pony by Lynette Jacobs
Supply list:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: Basic Grey(Basics), My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy); Dimensional stickers: My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy); Tickets and Journal tag: 7Gypsies; Brads: My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy); Alphabets: Doodlebug, American Craft; Punches: Martha Steward border punch and Quickutz stars; Other: Felt for stars.
(Click on the image to see more detail.)
Variation #1:  I cut my flags in different shapes.
Variation #2:  I used stars to embellish them.
I smile when I look at these photos.  The pony was very wild when we got him...but he allowed Lukas near him...on the photo above Lukas is pretending he is also eating straw.  You will see that I matted and stitched around two of my photos to make them stand out.  I also drew frames around the other photos.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday.

xx

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Loving the colours, design and just everything about this and the stitching around the photos really adds that extra special touch. Enjoy the previous moments later today with your beautiful family.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous LO. Love the little flags - might have to do that on one of my PL pics!

    I remember so clearly when you blogged about it - seems like just the other day.

    Happy crafty day - i'm wedding cake a making - eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning LO, love love love it! Enjoy your day, the crafting and the being together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great day off with crafting and family time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette, this layout makes me smile!! The photos are so cute and I love the bright, fun papers you used! You did a really wonderful job with the add-on, for the adorable little flags!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the title work on this, how the colors match really well together, and your 2 page spread too!!! You rocked this!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout Lynette! The flags turned out so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this layout!!! I love how you used the tags, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those kiddies and what a fun and adorable layout for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very happy and cool LO, Lynette! I love the photo's very much :-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this layout! Not only the photos, but the colors and those flags . . . so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolutely wonderful layout Lynette! My daughter would love to come and hang out with your grandson and the pony. I need lift your idea of stitching around the matted picture - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely Lynette! I predict it will be anothee 2 Peas hit!! Sounds like you had a lovely HR day :) Dying to hear the news on Bianca - obviously nothing yet...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You did a beautiful job with this add-on sketch. You photos are amazing (as usual) and I really like the papers you chose. The little flags are a great accent and I love the tickets too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooooooo precious! I love love love love the photos, the colors, the stars and LOVING the way you did the flags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh another stunning two-pager!!
    Those photos are oyre delight. You are so inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the stitching, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥