Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

February Design team work

I would love to show you what creative work I have done these past few weeks...hopefully from next week I will post them as they come up;-)  First my DT work at Sketch Support.


Two-page Sketch #25

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog. If you are ever stuck and you moyo has gone AWOL on you, I suggest you visit Sketch Support and see the lovely sketches by Allison Davis and the DT work based on it...I am sure it will be a wonderful way to kick start your creativity.



"Kidds Beach Paradise Found" 
Supply list Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: Creative Imaginations (Beach Cottage);Stickers: Creative Imaginations; Flowers: Prima; Metal shells: Karen Foster; Alpha: Pink Paislee, American Craft; Rub ons: Scrapbook King.

Variation#1: I changed the sizes of my photos to two 4x6, two 4x4 and four 3x2.

Variation#2: I framed the one vertical strip with a complimentary printed paper.

Variation#3: I replaced the flower embellishment with a cluster of flowers.



Variation#4: I added a cluster of shell embellishments to the right corner.
 ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Add-on Sketch #14

I decided to do a mixed media project based on this sketch to add to my Scrapbook Life Journal.

"Search my Heart" mixed media project 
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers: Basic Grey (Bittersweet); Letterstickers:American Craft Remarks; Glitter: Doodlebugs; Stamps: Prima; Other: Acrylic Paint and Mod Podge.

Variation #1: I painted my background and shaded it with various colors, I then used various clear stamps to create texture.

Variation #2: I cut my hearts freehand and mod podged it to the paper.

Variation #3: I added my stitching to make the heart garlands.

Variation #4: I added glitter to the edges of the layered hearts and stitched it to the background.

Variation #5: I added the lettering of a Scripture between the hearts.
******************************************************

Then onto the February sketch on Scrap Africa.  

Sketch #2


For this challenge you have to use Fab Scraps products.  Go on over to the blog to see what the other members of the Design Team did...and do enter as there is a wonderful prize up for grabs.

Here is my take on the sketch. 
I love the background paper that I used for this layout.  It is called Shabby Chic Stitched...I teamed it with the red and cream dotted classic Black Birds paper.  The photo's are of my grandson and son on the tractor at their small holding.  He insists on helping daddy and as you can see it is hard work for such a small little boy.

Now it is your turn. You have until 8 March to make your layouts and stand a chance of winning wonderful prizes from Fabscraps
There are two prizes for grabs to the value of R250 ($35) each. 
The random will choose two winners among the participants on 23 March after the closing date for our second challenge.
The prize will be posted anywhere in the world.

Have a wonderful creative weekend.

xx

16 comments:

  1. My fav is your mixed media - love the *messiness* of it - shabby chic that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynette,

    That first l/o is so pretty and peaceful, you did a great job on putting that feeling with the photos/paper. Hope that makes sense.

    The second one is awesome, you are so good at this art journal work. love the background colors/textures on it. The hearts are pretty and looks great with stitching thru them.

    The last l/o is adorable, such a cutie. Like that you have close up and farther away photos. I like the background paper also, so cool!

    I missed SS this week while my computer was down, going to start fresh on Monday. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creative work once again. Love your mixed media project and the layouts are once again true to your beautiful unique style and preserving precious memories.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Your pictures are stunning and your layout do such a wonderful job on matching the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are ALL GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee the shell pieces on the first one and love love love the hearts and those photos on that last one are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of fun projects there, and I love your mixed media, bet you had fun creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful take on the sketch Lynette and you mixed media work looks fantastic! Your last layout is simply adorable. Great work!
    Hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work here Lynette! Beautiful Kidds Beach photos, fun mixed media project & love your take on the Scrap Africa sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lynette! Your projects are AMAZING! You have such an eye for color/detail! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lynette! I have really missed visiting your blog.

    I really like your take on the 2-page sketch. The flowers you added are beautiful.

    Love you mixed-media project using the add-on sketch. This is something I really admire!

    I will try not to be a stranger. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful work, Lynette!
    I love your artsy experiments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, and as well - for the challenge at Scrap Africa one doesn't need to use Fab Scraps materials, only sketch :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the one with Dad! Too sweet!

    I tagged you also today :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tractor photos are so so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥