Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The creative side of things

I told you in a previous post that I have enrolled for a "Scrapbook Life Journal" course with Stephanie Ackerman.   We also had to create a binder or journal for this process.  Here is the cover of my journal.  It is a 9x9 inch Bo Bunny mini album.
As you can see I used my word for 2012....Embrace...as a title for my journal. This month we are looking at "being honest" with ourselves.
So I looked again at what defines me...the obvious...woman, wife, mother, grandmother etc.  Then I also looked a bit deeper.  Lately I have been getting in trouble for being what I thought of as a "peacemaker" between my children...instead of getting peace I was accused of taking sides.  I am pretty sure that was the reason for my blues last month.  Now looking in, I realise that this is something I have to lay down.  If my loved ones want to bear grudges and choose not to get along, I am not going to get into the middle of it again.  If they mess up...they have to fix it themselves.  I realise that I can NOT fix relationships.
What I enjoy most about taking this course is that Stephanie is a child of God and that inspires me.  I love this quote by Tad Williams: "We tell lies when we are afraid.  Afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  The doodle above was our January doodle that I covered and added to my journal.  Here is my page on "Who I Am".

I want to explore my artistic side this year and I have always admired mixed media work.  This morning I signed up for this course by Christy Tomlinson and Junelle Jacobson that starts 12 March 2012.
I can't wait to get a supply list and go browsing the art shops for the supplies...I hope this doesn't become another addiction.

Then lastly my new term with Sketch Support started this month.  The card sketch for January by Allison Davis looks like this:

Card Sketch #15
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar. I decided to make a layout based on the sketch.
"Snow Angel"
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: Echo Park (Wintertime), Fancy Pants (Hot Chocolate); Letters: Echo Park (Wintertime); Chipboard snowflakes: Dusty Attic;Punches: Upikit; Other: DMC Thread

Variation #1: I adjusted the sizes to suit a 5x7 photo layout.
Variation #2: I used a border diecut on the strips above the largest printed papers.

Variation #3: I painted and glittered the chipboard snowflakes.


Are you going to be trying something new and exciting this year?  Tell me about it.
xx

11 comments:

  1. You are truly inspirational. They say that putting down feelings into words, makes the heart lighter ... so I am sure your journal are going to make your heart skip and jump during 2012. Loving the snowflake layout. I also noted that you have clocked 2216km of exercise walking - well done - this is a huge achievement.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is BEAUTIFUL so far... and sorry if the kids had those feeling towards you... :( HUGS! My friend! :):):) I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo too!! That photo is PRECIOUS and loveeeeeee the snowflakes! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the projects you're doing this year.

    On the peacemaking thing, my MIL went through a bit of that for a few years and both my D and his sister didn't appreciate it either. She has since stopped :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a catch up (at 2am) ... sorry I've been scarce. I'm so happy for you that your daughter is home and pray that your relationship will keep going from strenght to strenght. You've gone through so much and I love that you've kept up with your scrapbooking through the challenges. Your journal is looking fantastic, I am undecided about my scrapbooking - but some of the changes I hope to see from my action will help to clear the path and help me make the necessary decisions.

    I love the word that found you ... embrace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go with the art journal and all, Hun!

    Thank you for sharing do much of yourself with us! So much we all learn frm it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout Lynette! And I love that you are taking courses this year!! Love the look of your album so far & I can't wait to see you branching into mixed media. I am loving using so many interesting products on my pages lately too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your journal, what a fantastic journey you're going on.
    I signed up the "the art of wild abandonment" too!!! So excited. Wish it started sooner than March.

    Love you sketch layout too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to be taking that class. I think it is good for the soul to take some time and do something like that!
    I can relate to the peace making, I am being accused of not having an opinion sometimes because I refuse to take sides.I do have them though I just prefer to keep them to myself on occation. :-)
    I so love the cover for your album with the hearts and your word is beautiful,too.
    Thanks for sharing and also thanks for always leaving a kind encouraging word on my blog when you visit!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful layout and inspiring message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lynette - some day I am going to do thing like this too.....

    I am sure you are going to find this so rewarding and do many many great projects. Can not wait to see them all.

    And yes - being the peacemaker is often getting yourself in the line of fire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work!
    I took one of Christy's mixed media art journal class, I just love it, you will enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥