Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thank goodness it is Friday.

After a busy week I am thankful that it is Friday and I have two days to relax and recharge my batteries.  I had my appointment with the neurosurgeon this week and have been scheduled for a MRI of my neck next Thursday.  I will then be seeing the doctor again on 2 December.  Until then I have been told to sleep with a soft neck brace...will still have to see how that one pans out.

Anyhow...onto my project for Sketch Support this week.


Add-on Sketch #11
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the add-on sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog.



I initially did not know what to do with this sketch....that was until I saw this bonus two page sketch by Allison Davis.
You can print this sketch from the "two-page sketches" page.
So after combining the two sketches this is what my project looked like.

Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed Papers: Dream Street Papers (Sam); Felt flowers: Scrapbooking Collection; Leaves: Prima; Tag: Basic Grey Basics; Brads: Art from the Heart; Rub ons: Kaisercraft; Alphabet: American Craft; Punch: Martha Stewart. 

Variation #1:  I used the leaf in two sizes.
Variation #2:  I cut the template in two and then traced the two sides on stripe paper.
Variation #3:  I used a black marker to do faux stitching along the lines of the paper.
I am still a wee bit uncomfortable with too much white space so I added the banner with my Sew Easy tool and then cut little triangles to go inside the stitching...I finished it off with brads between the banners.

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend.

xx

18 comments:

  1. Sjoe Lynette...your attention to detail on your layouts always astounds me...the patience you have!! Beautiful work.

    So glad you are finally getting to the bottom of this neck pain. Hoping sleeping with the brace brings some temporary relief for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, great use of white space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope just because you glossed over it it is a routine/ small thing with the neurosurgeon???

    the neck brace sounds uncomfortable - rest well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS how do you remember all your supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is awesome!!! I love this double layout and those trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so uncomfy. Hope it all gets worked out:(
    Beautiful work yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your MRI goes well!! Praying for you!! :)

    I loveeeeeeeeeeee the lo!! LOVING the photos, the leaves and loveeeeeee the banner across both pages! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful colours in your LO. The leaf detail is terrific! Good luck with your MRI. In Canada, people wait months for this test. Happy to hear you are getting in quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming by here to catch up with you, Lynette.. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous l/o & so beautifully done. Hope your problem is sorted soon, and you can get rid of it once & for all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Lynette! Especially how you have made the leaves into little trees!! I'm not surprised you didn't know what to do initially with a sketch in the shape of a leaf LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous double layout Lynette. I love how you've created the stripey leave. So clever and it looks great. Best of luck with your dr's appointments and the MRI.
    Hope you have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little trees look so adorable! The whole page is a work of art. I find two-pagers so hard but you really did so well!Your photos are super sweet. Good luck to you with the MRI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love those little triangle flags! Hope the brace helps and good luck with the scan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome layout, love all the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever layout... love the way you did the "trees" and also your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you combined each sketch. This is so beautiful!
    I hope that you neck brace is helping.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥