Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

An Extraordinary Dad

Today I want to talk about this man.
He is my best friend and my safe place.
Sometimes he knows me better than I know myself.
I can't think of a single thing that he wouldn't do for me.

I met him when I was only 17 years old...you could say that he helped raise me;-)  I grew up in a home where a father was absent and therefore found the concept of knowing the Father heart of God alien.  Watching this man with our children taught me the love of God the Father. He worked long and hard hours and to this day the children remember how he woke them when he got home, how he told them (with them half asleep) how much he loved them and then tucked them in.

He was a strict dad that set firm boundaries for our children but at the same time he was always looking for ways to add joy to their lives. He is real with the children, allowing them to make their own decisions and also allowing the growing pains when they made wrong decisions.  He is never afraid to show his emotions and taught them that tears can be healthy, even for men.  He easily forgives when they screw up and teaches them unconditional love.  He has never been afraid to apologize when he treated them wrong. He taught them that family comes first and always stand together.

Today I see a lot of him in our boys and it makes my heart swell with pride.  His roll model is Jesus Christ and therefore they will never struggle with the concept of the great love of the Lord or unconditional love. I see how my boys have become extraordinary dads themselves and I know that my DH set the foundations for this in their lives. I also see the remarkable roll he plays in the lives of our grand children.

The reason why I am writing this post is because I am so incredibly proud of this man and what he has achieved not only in our family but also in our community at the Mission.  Yesterday morning PE Childline honoured my DH by awarding him with "An Extraordinary Dad Award".  The Lord has given him such a big heart of love and compassion that he has become the father and roll model to so many men and women who are fatherless.  It is amazing when an organization like Childline recognizes his contribution to the community. t
Thank you for listening to me waxing lyrically about this man who is so close to my heart.

Have a wonderful weekend.
xx

27 comments:

  1. I love reading posts that honour people, husbands, friendships. I think you've done a wonderful job in paying tribute to your other half. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. What a tribute! What a man :)

    I love how you explained that you learned about God by seeing your husband in action - that is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. It touched my heart. Praise to Our Heavenly Father, Who is a perfect example for parents! It is such an encouragement to hear how you and your husband live your lives for God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartwarming post Lynette! Congrats to your husband for such a well deserved honor! We need more men who will set such an example, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this - indeed, he is a truly remarkable person with such capacity to love. What riches you have as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute Lynette. He sure sounds like a great dad!! Congrats on the award :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post and a lovely man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How AWESOME is that award!?!?!?! WOW!! A special award for a special man!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very special post about clearly a very special man. What a blessing to be part of his family, congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post.... just beautiful! And you are a perfect pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely, touching post Lynetter - Your love for a wonderful person shines through in ever single word...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely words Lynette...brought me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful post. a very special tribute Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are incredibly lucky gal to have found your love of your life and beloved by this special guy!!!
    Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful tribute to K - your love for him shines so brightly through this post.

    An incredible man you have there xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. so happy for you both !!!!! You are blessed indeed to have such a DH !!!!

    {{{{{{{{{major hugs for you ! lol }}}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huge huge congratulations to him on such a very well deserved award. And to you too - because behind him is you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful post about a wonderful man! You are truly blessed Lynette!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great accomplishment - huge congrats to him! :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Lynette, that is truly awesome. He sounds like an amazing man.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning!
    Congratulations!
    You have reason to be proud! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is absolutely precious... I wish we could all have a father (and husband) just like this... glad the kids have such an awesome role model to look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynette! This is one of the most beautiful entries I have ever read in the numerous blogs I have frequented. You are so blessed. And by sharing this, you have inspired us and blessed us too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He's a gem, Lynette
    The perfect counter point for you.

    Your children are truly blessed as are all the people in your orbit.
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥