Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Healing feelings:-)


Thank you for all your support and love following my previous post.  I appreciate all your love and prayers. 

I have become a big fan of the gorgeous doodles by Stephanie Ackerman and I am seriously considering enrolling for her online course "Doodling 101".  Today I have to write a letter to loved ones about my feelings and it is going to be hard, but I am at a point in my life where I know I HAVE to do it...leaving it will make the feelings turn into resentment and that is not where I want to be.

Tomorrow morning at 8 I am scheduled for a MRI of my neck.  My sister Ansie is flying in from Cape Town just before 1 o'clock, I will then pick her up from the airport and we will be driving down to Kidds Beach near East London to be with our parents.

I need to share the sketch and layout for Sketch Support this week.  Here is the sketch:

One-page Sketch #15


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog.
Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Printed papers: My Minds Eye (Lost and Found); Punches:  Martha Stewart; Rubon: Kaisercraft; Alphabet: Quickutz Blossom; Other:  DMC Cotton.

Variation #1: I followed the directions on the sketch but replaced the stripe paper with glittered blocks.
Variation #2:  I punched the strip below the stripe strip and attached it with a row of hand stitching.
Variation #3:  I replaced the leaves with falling hearts and added a second layer that pops up.

Chat again soon.
xx

16 comments:

  1. Those doodles are magic!

    Sorry to hear about the much-needed letters... Hope it works! (better than to build up resentment that will not be good for your health)

    Hope the MRI goes well, and enjoy your stay with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lots and lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the MRI tomorrow...I will be thinking and praying for you... :) I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I loveeeeeeee those photos and those hearts!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope MRI has good news:-) sending thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in my prayers Lynette.
    Your sketch interpretation is just gorgeous! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much love to you tomorrow Lynette, not an easy day. You will be in my thoughts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts your way - hope things go well tomorrow and beyond. Love your layout! These pics of your granddaughter are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lynette, you would just love that class of stephanie, i enrolled some time ago,lovely things you can download and try out:) beautiful layout:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Lynette!! I do love the doodling but I don't agree with the sentiment - I think we can heal ourselves without voicing it to others - I've tried that in the past & it's never worked out for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your MRI is okay & that you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all goes well, will keep you in my prayers.
    Thanks for sharing a sweet and lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear lynette,
    hope your MRI is ok.

    that layout is really beautiful!
    thanks for sharing it.

    big hugs
    betty
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best, Lynette. You're in my thoughts. M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, hope you had the best experience this morning with the MRI and that you are now safe in East London, or near there....

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous layout! Those hearts look totally wonderful! I hope all goes well for you.. ((Hugs))

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥