Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Sketch Support October card sketch


Card Sketch #12

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of the Sketch Support blog.


Here is my first take on the sketch...a card.

Supplies used: Cardstock - Bazzill;  Printed papers - Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon, Simple Stories;  Flowers: Unknown from my stash; Chipboard Flourish - Enmarc; Glitter - Crazy Crafts; Sentiment rubon - Kaisercraft; Pearls - Upikit.
  • I followed the measurements of the sketch.
  • I replaced the stars with flowers
  • I used a chipboard scroll that I covered in glitter
  • I added pearls to the corners of the top printed paper.
Then I made to one page layouts based on the sketch.  Here is the first one:

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Bazzill; Printed Papers - Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, Simple Stories; Ribbon - Local Haberdashery; Alpha - Simple stories and American Craft; Flowers - Prima and My Creative Scrapbook August kit; Chipboard Flourish - Enmarc; Quote rubon - Kaisercraft.
  • I  cut a square piece of Bazzill and 9.5 x 9.5 inches
  • I cut hexagons from the printed paper and made a quilt.  
  • I added faux stitching to each hexagon.
  • I framed the piece of bazzill with a punched border.
  • I replaced the striped paper with lace ribbon.
  • I used two photos and punched the photo mat with a punch.
  • I added the flowers and flourish to the right hand corner of the photos.
The second layout was made for the Simple Stories product challenge.
This photo of Lukie and Leane was taken on Dewan's first birthday.

Supplies used:  Cardstock - Bazzill; Printed papers and stickers - Simple Stories; Felt ribbon - MME Fine and Dandy; Alpha - American Craft.
  • I cut four 5x5 inch squares and matted it on brown cardstock
  • I added faux stitching to each square.
  • I replaced the striped paper with a felt ribbon.
  • I matted my photo on a punched photo mat.
  • I added the baloons and the flourish to the right hand corner of the photo.
Please visit the Sketch Support blog and see the many different variations to this awesome sketch by Allison Davis.

10 comments:

  1. Fun, so fun, aren't you lucky to have those little angels to scrap? Precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh these are JUST GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the different square designs, just wow wow wow! You always AMAZE me! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. it is gorgeous.

    I also love how you use these sketches for a whack of LO's - i need to hijack some of your scrapping mojo my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and layouts:)
    the crochet flowers are super!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job with the sketch Lynette!! Love your card and both layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow Lynette!! Flipping gorgeous man - ALL of them - AWESOME card & amazing layouts - you cut out all those hexagons?!? That is such a good look!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy girl - love your layouts and card. I'm especially impressed with the quilting... great idea there... well worth a scraplift I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card & Layouts! I love the way you put color together...YOU are so TALENTED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes like, Lynette! these LOs are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥