Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Scrappy challenges

This first layout is for the challenge over at Scrap-it-Lah.  The challenge is to include the following on your layout:- 
  1.   Old book paper, sheet music or something similar {downloaded off the internet if necessary} if you don't have anything already...
  2. Fussy cutting.
  3. Hand-stitching using embroidery floss
Supply list:  Printed paper - Melissa Francis; Flowers - Prima; Butterfly - Pink Paislee; Alphabet - American Craft and Making Memories tiny alpha;  Other - DMC Embroidery floss.  (The My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit for August 2011)


The photos were taken during our family photo shoot in July...and as you can clearly see Lukie wanted nothing to do with it all.  I used this sketch by Melinda Spinks.

The next layout is for the My Minds Eye October sketch challenge.  The theme is fall.  We don't have such pronounced autumns as the people in the Northern Hemisphere experience, so I decided to use autumn colours in my layout.
Supply list:  Cardstock - Bazzill; Printed Papers - My Minds Eye Lost and Found; Stickers, trim and brads - My Minds Eye Lost and Found; Alphabet - American Craft; Other - Martha Stewart punch.


DH took these photos of Lukas with his cellphone camera...not bad hey!  The photos were taken on Wynand and Nadia's plot and Lukas made great use of a big pile of dirt.

Here is the sketch for the October challenge:

My scrap room has been calling my name for the past three weeks and I enjoyed my time creating again.

xx

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Lynette, I love them both, love the sweet and pretty colors for the 1st, those family photos are fun. And I do love the autumn colors as well, fall is my favorite time of the year, more cute pictures there!
    Glad you get to scrap again! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the photos in the first one!! Sometimes the outtakes are the BEST ones!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both superb. The first one would be extra special in a frame and displayed on a wall. I just love that vintage feel with the hand embroidery too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work. And the pictures are just great. Just made me smile...
    Great colour scheme as well...
    Thanks for playing along with us at SIL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at your work!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah gotta love the photos in your first page, they are absolutely priceless!! Love the design of your page too, so soft and pretty. The second one is gorgeous too! thanks ever so much for playing along at Scrap-it-Lah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to create again - you do it soooooo well! Sure these will shoot to the top of the 2 Peas list! Thanks so much for playing at Scrap-it-Lah - your layout is PHENOMENAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft looking of the first layout and the mme one is so fun and beautiful,I loove those fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great to see you take part in challenges too ! fab takes , hun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Both of them. But I especially love the 2nd one. the pop of the blue title is divine.

    Clever you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both awesome layouts Lynette. I love the patchwork effect in the first one. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynette! =) it feels super great to be visiting blogs again and I just feel @ home reading yours! Hope you are well - the layouts look really great! Lovely take on the sketch =) you take care and have a blessed week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you are quite creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very nice LOs, Lynette! I specially like the first one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. FANTASTIC layouts! So fun!
    You do such an amazing job with sketches. I really need to utilize them more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a HUGE fan of your work! You take a simple sketch and rock it all the way!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job with the grid layout. Thanks for playing with SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!!!!!! love the whole page and those pics are treasures .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful layouts and great takes on both sketches !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both layout esp the first one with pastel colors! Thanks for playing at SIL..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE these. My favourite is the 2nd one.x
    Awesome to see you getting so into it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥