Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The merry-go-round of life....

Some days it feels that life is going at such a speed, that all I can do is hang on for dear life.

So what have we been up to....
Photo taken with my Blackberry

DH and I spent a week in Plettenberg Bay at the Beacon Island Resort.   I did not take a single photo with my Canon.  All I did was sleep and eat and read and eat some more. We went out twice....once to have breakfast at Old Nick's and the other to have breakfast at the Lookout Deck.  The rest of the time was spent chilling on the lawn of the hotel or chilling in the Sea Lounge with a book....and I have the extra kilograms to prove it.

We came back home to this "little" surprise.  A two month old Great Dane.  You can just imagine how charmed I was considering their other hound, Nina, did this to my Blackberry a month ago.
We arrived home on Saturday and on Sunday morning we set off to Off Camber Adventures, a party venue where Christian had his 9th birthday party.  The venue is in the Elands River Valley and Sunday the temperature reached 40 degrees....so it felt very close to hell;-)  Most of the time was spent in the pool.

Wynand and Lukie
Christian and Lukie...walking the plank:-)
Oupa and Lukie
The cake was baked by Nadia and her friend Renata.
Birthday boy blowing out the candles.
Most of us sat around looking wilted:)

On Monday it was back to work....
  • We were in over our heads from the word go.  
  • One of our people overdosed on prescription medication and died on Sunday.
  • One of our leaders relapsed into heroin.
  • Three of the ladies on the program were caught selling schedule 5 pain medication (that they obtained on the black market) to other people in the mission.
  • We had to make some drastic decisions regarding taking on any new people. 
  • I am at least two weeks behind with my admin.
  • The auditors decided that this was the week to start with the annual audit....JOY!
So with this in mind, please be gentle when I don't come visiting your blogs often in the coming days.

xx

19 comments:

  1. Eish! No wonder you've been quiet. I think i'd have quit if faced with all of that and you're incredibly brave to soldier on.
    Sterkte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had great vacations my friend and I love to see all those fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Lynette, it always seems like it all hits the fan at once doesn't it? So glad you had a wonderfully lazy week on vacation though, the resort looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nothing like the calm before the storm....what a lot of stress to have to come back to....thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful recap lynette!! oh shame...your phone!lol!! maybe that is what we should do with our bb's since it is not working these days;)
    enjoy your week...and have that kit kat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vacation sounds great. So sorry to hear of the awful things you have had to deal with once home. Keep on keeping on - things will get better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the problems at the Mission :( I hope things get better soon!

    I loveeeeeeeeee the photos! Your family (like you!) are just beautiful! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have the update from you and hope all things work related could be iron out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you could use a hug my friend {{{hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette, I don't even have words to say how sorry I am to hear of everything you have on your plate. Hugs are coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. shew, it never rains but pours doesn't it?! Strongs to you and hope things go as smoothly as they can:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oi, to say you are overloaded is an understatement of note! Good luck my friend. Take a very deep breath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cried when I read of the person overdosing!

    I can't imagine having to deal with all that plus the leader plus the sale of the meds (I have plenty of those, by the way - best I keep them under lock and key, just in case) plus the darn dog.

    SOrry, I would say, "that dog has got to go" - i can only deal with this much and I'm already under tons of work/ ministry pressure without all this.

    glad your holiday was good though - probably like a distant memory now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynette,

    sorry to hear of all that has been going on at the mission. Especially sorry for the loss. It's the devils own playground that stuff and it's scary and sad.

    Stay strong sweetheart! We'll still be here when you find the time to visit ... and thank you for stopping by me.

    I'm still not able to post from home and it's so frustrating because I'll read a post and night and don't always get a chance at work to go back and comment.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a restful vacation. Too bad you have come back to lots of messes to clean up. :( The birthday cake is beautiful! Ooh, a new puppy in your house? Puppies are so much work and yes chewing too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I laughed when I saw your phone, not becuase it's actually that funny but becuase I'm happy it's not only our little brats that eat important stuff like phones!! PS: good luck for work - sounds hectic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what fantatic fun! These are going to make for some awesome scrapbook pages!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my....that last part of your post sounds absolutely crazy:(
    I hope you can hold on to a wee bit of your pool time during the crazy parts now!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh Lynette that last paragraph with the bullet points...that's why I hardly take time off from my life - the getting back into it is just such a thing to catch up on. Looks like you had a great holiday and day out though despite that heat!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥