Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The long "good night"

This little mouse was lying in bed between DH and I the other night.  When we put the television off he decided that he wanted to sleep in his own bed....thank goodness!

He walks out and closes our bedroom door.  Then he opens it again:
Lukie:  Lekker slaap!  (good night)
Us: Lekker slaap, jy ook.(good night to you too) {he closes the door}{he opens the door}
Lukie: Oupa, daar is nie groot dinosaurs in die huis nie ne? (there isn't big dinosaurs in the house hey?)
Oupa: Nee Lukie, daar is nie dinosaurs in die huis nie. (no there is no dinosaurs in the house) {he closes the door}{he opens the door}
Lukie:  Net klein dinosaurs wat pas onder die bed?  (only small dinosaurs that can fit under the bed)
Us:  Nee Lukie, daar is niks dinosaurs in die huis nie.(there is no dinosaurs in the house)  {he closes the door and then opens it again}
Lukie:  Droom van my hoor!  (dream about me okay?)
Us: Ons gaan van jou droom, lekker slaap.  (good night, we will dream of you) {he closes the door and opens it again}
Lukie: Ek gaan van Oupa en Ouma en Mamma en Pappa en Boetie en Bianca en Leane en Dewan droom. (he names everybody he is going to dream about)
Us:  Gaan slaap nou! (go to bed now)  {he closes the door and yes, you guessed it, he opens it AGAIN}
Lukie:  Hoekom is julle lig nog aan?  (Why is your light still burning?:-)
We put off the light and off he goes to bed.
I  am beginning to realize how much we are going to miss him when they finally move to their own home.

I just want to share my two page layout for Sketch Support with you.


Two-page Sketch #20

You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the two-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of Sketch Support.

Keeping Cool
Supplies Used:  Cardstock - Bazzill: Printed Papers - October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, Cosmo Cricket, Simple Stories; Ribbon - Fancy Pants; Alpha -American Crafts.

  • I kept to the measurements and directions on the sketch.
  • I replaced the scalloped strip with a felt trim.
  • I printed and cut a sun to add to the left hand corner of the layout.
xx

23 comments:

  1. Oh what a little sweetie to be treasured. That face is just too cute! Lovely LO. You were able to get so many great photos in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet! Love those photos of him too.
    You're layout is fantastic! Love you take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...that is way too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cutest little mouse I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetness! Such a cute conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That conversation you had is just the CUTEST and loveeeeee the photos too!! And your lo is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the sun and the hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful layout, the photos are brilliant with the papers and all. sweet memories of that little boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic conversation - so wonderful to have it captured here. What a funny little man; yeah, you will miss him for sure but you can still do sleepovers. ;-)

    Beauts layout, love the colours and all the layering

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he has Oupa & Ouma wrapped right around his little finger - am I right?

    He is a cutie pie tho, and altho you will miss him it isn't going to be long before you will be rocking a teeny tiny baba to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, that is the cutest! Is he doing better with staying in his own bed now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a good giggle while reading your conversation with Lukie. He is such a cutie.
    I totally love your double layout Lynette. Such great colours and perfect balance.
    Hope you are having a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ja, the joys of grand-parenthood :-))))))))
    the LO is just bursting with fun time :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet story Lynette! Sure you will miss him but he can always come and stay!! And another stunning layout - love the craft base & the sun you printed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a really great prompt for a scrapping page Lynette!!!!!

    And your 2-pager? WOWSERS! You rock them all the time! I wished I could work them like you do!!!!

    Hope your week is going good thus far! I am praying for you!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww..... how sweet that is!
    Admiring your 2 pager, I can never do that, love those fun colors and wonderful trims with different paper, great gorgeous layering to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure you will miss him! Merek still comes into our bed each night. I can't take him back to his room because I love snuggling with him too much. And I know the days are numbered before he doesn't do it anymore.

    I love looking back through your posts and seeing your beautiful layouts. You tell wonderful stories with your photos. You are blessed with such an amazing family.

    It sounds like things have been really tough these past few weeks at the mission. I'm sorry for the extra stress. You are called to lead it and God will give you the strength you need to get through these many trials.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dialogue, so special and another awesome layout once again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. little kids say and do the cutest things.... enjoy every moment you have with them underfoot.

    Love your scrapping too... glad you had time to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute ... love all the questions, a true case of stalling. Your layout is gorgeous as always :-)

    Sorry to hear of the young man passing, so incredibly sad. I also can't handle funerals and such, I get emotional about people I don't even know.

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the next few weeks are better for you.

    I love this layout it is adorable. I saved the sketch too so I can do my own version of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome, awesome projects , hun !

    way to go ! I dont have time even for challenges thesedays ! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute little mouse! You are going to miss him when they eventually move out.
    I just LOVED this layout and I can't WAIT to get started on mine.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥