Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Getting your own back:-)

Some time ago (nearly two years) I did this post about telemarketers.  Yes, yes...I know they are just doing their jobs...but gosh, can't they find another job? Now I have found ways to irritate them;-)

  • When they ask "How are you today?", tell them: "I'm so glad you asked because no one these days seem to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died...
  • If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name.  Then ask them to spell the company name.  Then ask them where their company is located.  Continue asking them personal or questions about their company for as long as necessary.  Such as when did their company start, who was the founder, are they still with the company?
  • Cry out in surprise when a telemarketer gives you her name - such as: "Judy!  Is that you? Oh, my goodness!  Judy, how have you been?"  Hopefully, this will give "Judy" a few moments as she tries to figure out where the hell she could know you from.
  • If the bank calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends plan, reply, in as sinister voice as you can:  "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"
  • If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.
  • Tell the telemarketer you are under "house arrest" and ask if they could bring you a case of beer and some chips.
  • After the telemarketer gives their schpiel, ask him or her to marry you.  When they get all flustered, tell them that you could never just give our credit card number to a complete stranger;-)
  • Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their home phone number so you can call them back.  When the telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their home phone numbers, tell him/her: "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The telemarketer will agree, and then you say: "Now you know how I feel!"
  • Insist that the caller is really your buddy, playing a joke.  "Come on Joan, cut it out! Seriously, how's your momma?"
  • Tell them to talk "very slowly" because you want to write "every word" down.
Okay...now to get myself to answer the phone when it rings;-)
                **********************************************************
Last night I found out that another of my children are expecting a baby:-)  My little family is really expanding and it makes me very happy.
                **********************************************************
On to things scrappy...this week is One page sketch week over at Sketch Support

.One-page Sketch #14


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of Sketch Support.


Strike a Pose
Supply List:  patterned paper: Bo Bunny Press, Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon; banner stickers: October Afternoon; letter stickers: American craft; ink: Versa Magic;  flowers: Prima; Trim: Fancy Pants and Prima; brads: Upikit; Punch: Martha Stewart.

Variation 1:  I did not use three 4x6 blocks.  I used a 6x12 piece of printed paper
Variation 2:  I used two 5x3.5 photos.
Variation 3: I added a punched border and lace to seperate the photos and make them stand out.
Variation 4:  I placed my title down the side of the printed paper.
Variation 5:  I replaced the one strip of paper with a scalloped felt trim.
Variation 6:  I added a row of flowers down the side of the photos.




Chat again soon


xx

19 comments:

  1. Congrats Ouma.
    Love the telemarketers list, I may just have to invoke some of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Now I want to know who. And I love that last pic in the scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Those telemarketers bit is FUNNY! LOVE IT!! And your lo is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those photos! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the expanding family! :D (Who?)

    Thanks for the funny post - will try to use some of it! ;-)
    (Shame, but I usually feel sorry for them because I know it is their job...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha-ha! it is very funny! I almost feel sorry that they don't bother me often. normally I just ask them to call later because I have a boiling pot on the stove :-))) - the first time it was true, then I realized that it works and they don't call back :-)))
    congrats on a new baby! you see, all these little blessings after all the difficult times ♥
    your LO is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the telemarketers idea - think I need to try that. Normally I answer and then put the phone on my desk and forget they are there.

    And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post, and a lovely page too!!!
    and congrats for another grand baby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I love the beautiful posed photos and then how you have shown us the men looking at you!! Another baby?!? Now who?!? Woohoo - you are going to be such a busy granny next year!! Love this layout and the row of flowers down the side is such a pretty and unusual touch - I must remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the telemarketers thing, must remember!

    Yay on new baby coming:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that LO and LOL at the telemarketer part. Congrats on becoming a gran again, it is great!
    En ja, my Karin het haar prince Charming gekry. Sy is twee jaar later met Lukie se pa getroud en gister was dit 8 jaar gelede! Wys jou net, op die ou einde het die Vader vir ons net die goeie op ons pad, al word dit soms baie snaaks gekamoefleer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hee hee Great tips for the telemarketers. Congrats on another baby for your family! So much to look forward to! :) Lovely LO with such a delicate feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! Love your tips for the telemarketers... I might use some of them next time.
    Your layout is simply stunning Lynette! Such pretty pics and beautifully scrapped.
    Congrats on another future addition to you family. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh but to remember to give it back to them when they call - i just get so irriated with them!

    Congrats Granny.

    Phew - you house is going to pop at the seams.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this was so funny! Baby...wow you are growing so fast. I agree I hope we find out who it is soon. You are so lucky to have all those little feet running around to soak up grandma and grandpa love. This sketch is one of my favs and I LOVE the page that you did for it. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on another grandchild. You really will have a full house on holidays. Enjoy it.

    Love the tips for telemarketers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so funny. I will have to try that because they drive me crazyyyy.
    Congrats on your family news. That is such a blessing!!
    I will try and use that sketch too because it has so many details open to interpretation.
    -And your layout turned out great.
    Thanks a lot to,o for the 2Peas shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love those suggestions.

    I have zero patience so I say straight away, "I'm already with X cell phone company and not interested in moving OR are you trying to sell me X?"

    And then, "no thanks I'm not interested"

    Congrats on the addition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...like Marcia, I also have no patience so I usually cut them short as they start talking. I do it with kindness though.
    Congrats on your growing family? Can you at least give us a hint on who it is??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the Boy! And another addition!
    Love your layout, so pretty. The papers you chose are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥