Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sketch Support September Sketch Week


Card Sketch #11
You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of Sketch Support.


Here is my card layout based on the sketch.

JUST BECAUSE
Supply list:  Cardstock -  Bazzill;  Printed Paper - Echo Park For the Record; Other - Martha Stewart punch and buttons from my stash.

  • I followed the directions of the sketch
  • I  used dotted paper instead of the striped paper and punched the borders.
  • I punched the hearts with a Martha Stewart punch.
  • I added faux stitching to the squares.
I can never resist the challenge of using the card sketch to make a layout and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

LIFE NOTE
Supply list:  Cardstock - Bazzill; Printed Papers - Echo Park For the Record; Flowers - Prima; Chipboard Hearts - Maya Road; Pearls - Upikit;  Rub on - Kaiser Scrapbook; Glitter - Pink Paislee pixie stix;  Other - Martha Stewart punch, EK Success Punch,, DMC Tread. 

  • I loved doing this layout.
  • I used a 5x7 photo that was framed with black bazzill that was punched on the edges.
  • The three squares measure 2-3/4 and stitched around the edges.
  • I painted the heart chipboard black and then sprinkled black glitter on it.
  • I added the border sticker below the photo and added the pearls.
Have a lovely weekend.
xx

17 comments:

  1. These are BOTH GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the hearts and LOVING that photo of you and Hubby! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO and card!! Great how you used the card sketch for a LO!! Such a great photo. You have me wanting to break out my For the Record! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card but I absolutely adore your layout Lynette. The photo, the papers, the colours... all wonderfull! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card & l/out - you always use such lovely colours & photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, both the card and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Lynette & an even more beautiful layout!! Full of gorgeous detail & love the black glittered hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome--love the sketch into a layout! Both projects are beautiful. I especially love the colors on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this LO!! The contrast in colors is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this LO!! The contrast in colors is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette I haven't stopped by in awhile and I just wanted to come by and say hello! I was thinking of you today! It seems that things are going well for ya! I love your new family photo, its beautiful and a great banner for your blog! I also love your card, its cute!

    Praying for you!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice card and LO! the simplicity of the sketch made them both very striking
    I hope you are feeling better, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! And I love how you created a layout too; it turned out beautiful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥