Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sketch Support August Two-Page Sketch

I am taking a break at the moment.  DH and I are in Mossel Bay at Pinnacle Point for a week vacation.  The scenery is absolutely beautiful and once we get back home I will post photos of our time here. 
I have decided that this is the ideal time to take a break from the computer as well.  So I will only be posting my Design Team work this week. 

It is time for the Sketch Support Two-page sketch.  You can download the sketch with all the details from the side bar of the Sketch Support blog.

I love two pagers so much that I did two layouts based on this sketch.  Here is the first one.  The photos were taken in September 2010 from the Sea Lounge at the Beacon Isle Hotel.  That is right we were arm chair whale watching;-)
Whale watching
Supply list:  Cardstock - Bazzill;  Printed paper - Websters Pages Yacht Club; Trims - Websters Yacht Club;  (sun)doily - Websters; Sun Rays - Bazzill die cuts; Felties - Sassafras Lass; Letters - Websters Yacht club; Droplets - Kaiser Scrapbook;  Other - DMC cotton.


I followed the sketch closely.  I replaced the vertical strips along the three photos on the right side with the red and white Websters trim. 
I made a sun be using the Websters doily and some Bazzill die cuts as the sunrays. 
I used a Prima swirl to get the outlines for the swirl and then did some hand sewing, adding the droplets.  I cut the whale from some of the Websters printed paper.
I have had the little fish and whale felties in my stash for ages and this was the right time to use them.


The next layout I did with photos of me and two of my sisters (we are five girls) taken the day after my 50th birthday party.  We had a walk down memory lane, visiting all the places where we lived and then ended up at Blue Waters for cocktails.
We share a history
Supply list:  Background paper - Bo Bunny;  Printed Papers - Websters Yacht Club; Trims - Websters Yacht Club; Letters - One of the older Websters Alphas.


On this layout I replaced the two waves with two different trims.
 I cut the boat and the lighthouse from Websters printed paper and used it as embellishments.
I love how the lace trim looks like froth.
Chat again soon:-)




xx

18 comments:

  1. Have fun on your vacation! I loveeeeeeeee both your lo's .....gorgeous! I loveeeeeee the stitching on that first one and the lighthouse on the 2nd one! :):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are terrific doubles!! I LOVE the stitching on the first LO!! Great creative use of the stitching templates! Whale watching sounds amazing! Love the lighthouse on the second LO! Have a great vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese are absolutely fabulous, love all the added details and the stitching too, great use of embellies and I have a soft spot in my heart for scrapping in doubles. I am sure that the team you're on thinks you're the bees knees too. Enjoy your week away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow Lynette your pages are fabulous my friend,love the stitching you made.
    Have fun and enjoy your vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an artist my friend. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your holiday! (*jealous*) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lieflike layouts soos altyd!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layouts. Hope you are having fun on your break.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Lynette, you were busy lately :-))) very cool stylish work!!!
    enjoy your so much deserved rest!
    I will be waiting for the pictures :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab lay outs, the stitching is really a super addition. Enjoy your break you deserve it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy your vacation:) lovely layouts as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic doubles Lynette. I just love how you've used the Websters on the last layout and the stitching on the whale layout looks great!
    Enjoy your break. It looks like a great place to stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So absolutely gorgeous! I love all the detail with these! That whale spout is too cute! (and I'm in love with the beautiful pic in the header!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great pages. I especially love the stitching on the whale page. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. have a deserving break Lynette, your pages are so lovely !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These layouts are amazing. I love the stitching you did on the first one and I love how you changed things up for the second one. Great job. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow these are gorgeoius! love how different these look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥