Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sketch Support August Card sketch week and a WINNER


I love how Allison's sketches gets you thinking outside the box. You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar of Sketch Support.  I made three projects using this weeks sketch.
Wishing you every happiness card
Supply list:  Cardstock - Bazzill;  Printed Paper - Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden;  Bling -Kaiser Craft;  Sentiment - Kaiser Craft; Ribbon from my stash.

With this card I stuck to the sketch.  I used a square piece of printed paper for the background.  I did faux stitching around my circles and the image in the center was cut from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper.  I added the ribbon and bling in the scallops.

Congratulations card
Supply list:  Printed Paper:  Bo Bunny Unforgettable; Trims - Prima; Rub-ons - Kaiser Craft;Flowers - local craft shop; Image - downloaded from the Internet.

I printed the image onto my center circle and then added the trim to each circle before putting it together.

It was a challenge for me to use this sketch to make a one-page layout.

Delight
Supply list:  Cardstock - Bazzill; Printed Papers - Websters Yacht Club; Brads - Boxer;Letters - Bella Boulevard; Other - jute string and some ribbons scraps from my stash.

I cut the bottom of the paper above the picket fence and used the top part for the scalloped paper.  I used the brown bazzill to form a contrast with the softer colors of the Websters papers.  I added faux stitching to the outer circle and brads to the scallops.
It still looked a bit bare so I added the two kites to the sides. 
I matted the photo with another piece of Bazzill and used my scallop scissors around it and then added the little white dots to the scallops.

Then onto the winner of Allison Davis one page sketch book:



Steffanie, you have until next week Wednesday 10 August to let me have your postal address, contact me on lynette.jacobs11@gmail.com

I have never thought of sending my layouts for possible publications.  Our ministry is way to stressful to add to that stress with my hobby having to perform too.  But I love it when my layouts gets noticed on a gallery like 2Peas;-)



Thank you for visiting;-)

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects, loving your style of late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee all of these!! LOVING the photo and the kites on your lo!! And CONGRATS to your winner! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynette! You really out did yourself this week. I love all your creations, but especially that layout. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! Those little kites are stunning.

    I just love the second one in the black and beige.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing cards!! Love the sweet LO too! The circular element is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are stunning Lynette! That pic is just the sweetest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love how you turned the card sketch into a layout.... superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Steffanie! Lucky girl, you won twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout!! Jy raak net al hoe beter :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards! I love your layout! The kites are awesome and that photo is SO CUTE!!!
    Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the LO - how cute are those kites? so clever dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kites are just gorgeous ... your whole layout is stunning :-) You really inspire me ... I am scrapbooking tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that, just need to get all my goodies together today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOve your new header Lynette. You look so sweet together!
    Also loved looking at your beautiful cards. I particularily liked the first one. Congrats a bunch on the Two Peas achievement. Feels good when that happens!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your cards are fantastic! And I love how you used the sketch to create a layout too! So, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wowx 3 ! these are adorable creations,hun !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful kids!!! Love this LO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥