Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sooooo Boring....

...I know, that is how my blog is becoming.  Way to few blogs about what really matters and way to many layout posts.  Sorry...bear with me, my blog mojo has gone for a loop.
As I have told you already Wednesday afternoons and evenings are time spent with Ouma and Oupa.  Then the parents can have date nights and a break from their littlies.
The decision was made early.  We would be taking our four to the Spur Steak Ranch to play and have supper.  Did you know that on Wednesday nights kids eat free!  They usually just waste the food so for me that is a huge plus.  So we piled all of them in the DH's bakkie and off we went.  Christian and Leane happily sitting in the back.   Dewan wants to be on my lap and Lukas wants to be any where near Oupa (where else).

On the way I tell DH....

"Jy weet hoeveel pret ons nog met hierdie goedjies gaan he soos wat hulle groter raak." (You know that we are going to have so much fun with these little ones as they grow older).

Christian pipes up. "Ja, en ek gaan altyd die grootste wees."  (I will always be the oldest).  He is 9 this year where the little ones are 4,3, and 2.
I answered him "Ja man, maar ek dink dit is tyd dat jy vir jou ma en pa se dat jy 'n sussie wil he."  (I think it is time that you tell your parents that you want a sister).
 His reply had us chuckling.  "Mamma en Pappa moet saam gaan le en dan gaan hulle dokter toe om te hoor wanneer die baba kom.  (The Parents must lie together and then the doctor will tell them when the baby is due.
I say to him.  "Maar hulle le elke aand saam jong, wanneer kom die baba nou.  (They are sleeping together every night, so when is the baby coming.)
Him - "Ek weet nie hoekom mors hulle net tyd nie."  (I don't know why they are wasting so much time.)

Kids...they are so wise.  Anyway they had loads of fun and everyone except Lukas finished their food.  We topped and tailed them when we got back and put them in bed.  That didn't work as they still wanted to play. So we split them...one in our bed, one in Wynand and Nadia's bed, and one in Lukas's bed.  Christian fortunately has no problem going to bed.  When we later went to bed we found Lukus and Leane curled up together in our bed.  They adore each other.

The top photo was taken this morning with all of them in the bath.  Today is photo day at school and I wanted to wash their hair and have them all fresh.  Oupa took them to school and now I have to start my day.

Have a wonderful day.

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous top photo! and such precious memories forming:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your grandkids and hearing your stories so never boring for me, I also have lost my mojo with blogging at the moment, trying to find my place again.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just the cutest little conversation!Lynette, I once again wish you were here. I could do with date night every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutest ever! I don't know how you can say it is boring!
    Love the "stories"! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you two are wonderful grandparents!
    the little ones are very lucky to have you in their lives!
    I laughed a lot from your conversation with Christian, and it is even more funny in original :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics of the little ones in the bath!

    LOVE it!

    You two are such wonderful grandparents - it is so precious to see.

    And no, I didn't know that about Spur - maybe one day we'll be brave and take them for an early supper?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute photos and what an ADORABLE story!! And I never think you are boring! Far from it... I always enjoy visiting you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't their conversations just the cutest?

    That top photo is just begging to be scrapped!

    Precious times with your bambinos xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not boring at all, I love these kinds of posts just as much as your fab scrappy ones.
    PS if you find my mojo when you find yours please send it back home to me...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I love to visit your blog!!! Love this adorable photos and both of you are great grandpas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog... boring or not from your point of view.... keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Wednesdays sound like fun! What a terrific tradition to have! Sweet pics of your little sweeties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Allie says::

    Ougat man!

    I think my girls would have loved for you to be their mom - all that baysitting!
    You sure are a wonderful grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is your everyday life- not boring- just real! I love to stop by when I'm able! Hope you'll continue to share your story!
    hugs- Carly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never boring, love your posts. Loving all your beautiful creations of late...

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww ! how tweet these grand babies are ! Great that you are documenting your memories here to look back on too ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha- Christian cracks me up. I love how you wrote the dialouge in both languages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. aawww - too precious - the conversation and that bath photo! LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha I love hearing kid conversations! Their thinking is so different :o) Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are so blessed to have you taking such good care of them & lucky mums & dad getting a night off once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not boring at all. Love seeing your creations and reading about the mission, your grandchildren and anything that you want to share.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute little water babies, and I love your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lynette - I love your "everyday" "boring" stuff - Your layouts are always inspirational...Please tell us which grand child belongs to which couple - I am guessing that Christian (from the cute conversation) - does that mean that the Leanne/Lukas and Dewald are brothers and sister ----- Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with Linda-Maree, I love the 'boring' stuff, cause that's what tells us who you are, whats important, and gives an insight into what makes up your life. This conversation is just too sweet. They are so blessed to have such invovled grandparents!

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  25. BTW - love the photo in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet! Love conversations with little ones!

    Love your new banner too (your family photo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it is so great that you spend this time with your grandchildren. That is the kind of Grandma I want to be when my time comes.

    ps. You blog is anything but boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥