Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday's musings

I don't believe we have ever experienced a winter like this one.  Where for two years it felt as if the heavens was made of brass...and no rain fell....now, it is raining.  When you see a cloud...it means rain is coming.  Real Cape weather....cold and wet!  Fortunately our dam levels have risen substantially.

Not that this his helping us much...our municipality has not lifted the water restrictions and will be making their money out of us for the next two months or so.

Yesterday morning while I was busy getting ready for work, I got a call.  The creche where my three grand babies go, were under water and the children needed to be fetched.  Lache (my ex daughter-in-law) is daymother to four other babies and could not still cope with Leane and Dewan. The only solution was that I fetch all three and keep them at home with me. When I picked them up, all the littlies where lined up on their mattresses and ready to take a nap...so my thought was that I would get them home and into bed for a nap.  Did it work?  Not at all...for them Ouma's house is playtime all the time.  I made them some crumpets with nutella for lunch.  They licked off the chocolate and had even more energy....energizer bunnies has nothing on them.    

Normally I take Wednesdays off for "me" time...I had to giggle when DH told me that yesterday was my off day.  There is however pressing matters at work so I will be working for a few hours today.

Anyhow...here is Sketch #127 of The Scrappiest.  Go and check out the work that was done by the design team.
The photos of Bianca was taken last year in January at her cousin's wedding in George.  I used Bo Bunny paper and laced it with ribbon.  I also made a circle of tiny Petaloo flowers.

I have changed my blog reading somewhat.  The blogs that I am following are many and varied...and my time is limited.  I have gone back to reading blogs in reader and only commenting on the blogs where the writers are regularly commenting on mine.  Not to be funny or anything...but the pressure of having to leave comments on all the blogs I read...was just getting to much;-)

xx

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the page with Bianca - so pretty. Mine at least do eat the crumpet as well. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrap! We are also experiencing a very cold winter here in Jhb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everyone is ok. Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that everyone is okay with all the rain and everything... I loveeeeeeeeeeee that page! I loveeeeeeeee the photos and love love love all the trims!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout this week is amazing my friend!!! Fantastic ribbon work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the LO. Great idea having the 2 sections of brown cardstock and the lacing is so pretty, feminine and a great wedding page detail. Am sure this will get lots of attention at 2 peas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the kiddies were all fine with all that rain. An unexpected day of fun for you, for sure! I loved your take this week on the sketch! The laced element is so delicate. Lovely photos of your DD and I love that quote. I must remember to use it on a LO of my DD's some time. Blogging can be time consuming! Great that you scaled down a bit. I usually do the same and leave comments with the bloggers who leave me comments. And yes, I definitely NEED grandchildren one of these days!!!! Scrapping the fur babies will then become a thing of the past!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout for a beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page! Don't worry about leaving me comments, I read yours in Reader too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout Lynette. Your layouts are always such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The layout of your daughter is so elegant, I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this layout, Bianca is such a beautiful girl - her eyes!!! you are a truly gifted scrapper. Understand about the comments but hey I am feeling really special right now mmmwah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Lynette & I love your colour combo. I agree with you on the blogs - it really is too much & I just don't have the time - I am sacrificing sleep for it which is riciculous - I cannot & will not comment on blogs where it is not reciprocated regularly as I really don't have the time & neither do most of us so you are not being funny at all - they are the funny ones if they expect us to sacrifice our time for them for nothing in return!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous LO of your daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute! Love that flower circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥