Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tomorrow morning: Destination Cape Town

I am flying down to Cape Town tomorrow morning.  My daughter is turning 22 on Sunday and I am hoping to spend a few days with her and treat her on her birthday.  This time last year our lives were in turmoil and we never got to celebrate her 21st birthday.  I just feel that this is something I have to do.  I will be spending tomorrow evening with my parents who is taking care of my nephews while my sister and her hubby is in Mauritius.

I am hoping to see a few of my blog buddies who have become in-real-life friends.  On Thursday afternoon I will meet B and we will spend three days in a friend's house in Blouberg Strand.  I am really looking forward to some alone quality time with B...but at the same time I am a tiny bitty nervous...not really knowing what to expect.

Anyhow...it is also time for The Scrappiest sketch #125 reveal.  This is my layout based on the sketch:

If friendship was a colour you would be a RAINBOW to me
I don't usually like to do tiny photos, so I settled on this photo of Ansie (my sister) and me that was taken in January at my favourite restaurant (Blue Waters).  I used My Minds Eye Stella and Rose papers and embellishments and Martha Stewart punches for the scallop under the photo and the butterflies.

My initial layout was without the buttons on the rainbow...but it just looked as if it was missing something. Here is the sketch for this week.  It would be great if you make a layout based on it and upload it to The Scrappiest blog.

Thank you for visiting my blog, my plan is to catch up on some blog reading during my flight tomorrow...so see you then.
xx

24 comments:

  1. All the best for your visit to CT. Will be thinking of you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layout!! have a save trip and enjoy!!! of soos megan sal sê:"hê 'n fantasmagoliese naweek!!lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Enjoy your trip and meeting your new friends. I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrap layout (not that I know anything but I love the happiness) and your pic.

    Hope you have a good time in CT and that the weather behaves.

    Have fun Lynette - are you seeing only the one friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet.... love the title and the all the happiness you've shown through your page, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your take on the sketch & the buttons are the perfect addition! Thinking of you on your trip & hope everything goes smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a FABULOUS time and I know in my heart all will be wonderful! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! That title is AWESOME and the RAINBOW... WOW WOW WOW BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout and what a beautiful photo. I hope you have a stunning trip and that the visit with your friends and daughter will be memories forever etched on your heart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the LO.

    Yay, can't wait to see you. Does make it easier that you are literally right next door to Lee's house!

    Have a safe flight today my friend and know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers for this weekend.

    Love the LO.

    Lots of love

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy Cape Town and I will keep your visit with B in my prayers - for healing and love. Enjoy seeing Shayne and the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great time. Great layout. So colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a wonderful time with your DD. Sweet take on the sketch this week! The rainbow was so creative and I love that you added the buttons!! Lovely photo of you and your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful trip to CT for your daughters birthday - it's cold and a little rainy but so pretty this time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you have a great time with your daughter! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a lovely CT visit and a great time with your daughter. Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! This is a gorgeous layout Lynette! I love those MME papers and your take on the sketch is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful and happy Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this, Lynette! That rainbow with the buttons is genius! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are having a good time in Cape Town , my dear !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. all the best for your trip to see your daughter. I love your layout, the photo of you and your sister is so beautiful and I love the button rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout! LOVE the rainbow w/ buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥