Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The past weekend

On Sunday we decided we needed to "get out".  We had cabin fever after a week of raining.  We headed out to Seaview and "discovered" a restaurant there called Barnacles.  What a great view and we could sit outside like "dassies" in the sun.  We had a lovely Sunday meal with dessert...and will go back there again soon.
Lovely rustic feel to this place.
I still love spending alone time with my man.
The beach and the sea...still my "happiest place".  Lovely view from the deck of the restaurant.
Even the owners cat decided the sun was the place to be.

I am currently dealing with some frustrating things happening at the Mission and this was going to be a "vent" post...but I decided that can be left for some other time.

It is also time for The Scrappiest sketch #124.  Here is my layout based on it.
My little ones spend each Wednesday afternoon and evening with us.  The photo was taken in February and we needed to cool off.  I adore these little treasures of mine and would not give up my Wednesdays with them for anything.  I used Fancy Pants Rusted Sun papers and embellishments and  decided to add bling to the suns.
This is the sketch:

I also scrapped this layout of Dewan this weekend.  The photos were taken on Christmas eve last year.  He was so excited about the Christmas tree and the gifts that there was no way I could get him to go and take a nap.  He simply played until he keeled over and could not keep his eye open.  Here you see him recharging his batteries.
I used this month's sketch by Allison Davis of Sketch Support.  The paper and the dinosaurs and embellishments are all from the Little Yellow Bicycle "babysaurus" line.

Tomorrow...I will post the vent post.  Until then.

xx

25 comments:

  1. Very nice place and post...

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!! I am counting days till I can see the ocean!!!!!!!
    very bright happy LO, Lynette! and then this peaceful cute one of Dewan :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always plan to go there and actually have never made it. Next time, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynette! Thanks for the comment on my blog and regarding my Etsy store! If you would like to email me with which items you are wanting I'll give you a more accurate cost for postage to South Africa and we'll go from there! gaillindner(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are having a rough time at the Mission right now... I hope things get better soon! LOVING the vacation photos!!! GORGEOUS! And your lo's are SIMPLY AMAZING! I always loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and your designs! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynette - Always love your layouts - Hope you are having a long weekend and that things are easier and less frustrating at the mission next week Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the one of little Dewan.

    Looks like you guys found a gem to retreat to occasionally.

    SOOOO looking forward to seeing you next week. What a happy turn of events (for me).

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pics of the beach - so calming...

    I'm glad you had some good alone time with your hubby - can't wait for ours on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great pics and lay-outs !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! your pics are always such a treat for thsi armchair traveller ! lol

    & fabby layouts too , hun ! love the topics you've featured !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an awesome place. So good to spend some alone time together......something that me and Pete are in dire need of :(
    Love your photo of the wave...awesome x - a real surfing wave

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely photos as always and such beautiful beautiful layouts! Love the double pager :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seaview...you just brought back a million memories for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a perfect spot to soak up some sunshine ...gorgeous photos as always and love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so lovely. Love the beautiful photos. Great job capturing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely photos Lynette - Barnacles looks like a great place to hang out! Very nice layouts too! Your arms full of love one has such a great photo & title too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are at the coolest place on earth - by the ocean!!! Just love it!
    And what a sweet photos with those little ones, I feel warm and fuzzy just by looking at this photo! AND, perfect layout for such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love you picture wow awesome is all i can say .. i linked to your blog from melissa love the quote u put on her page and i will be useing it on a laout this weekend. you are truly blessed .. i'm in love with your blog.. stay blessed have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just saw your adorable layout on Nikki Sivils' blog and figured I'd check out your blog. Your work and photography are wonderful! You have a new follower in me. Can't wait to view more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your layouts are just fabulous! The photos of your little ones are just too sweet! Thanks for sharing :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ocean and beach are one of my favorite places, too. I love how much you and your DH treasure each other. Such a wonderful relationship.

    Your layouts look great! Those photos of Dewan are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you and hubby are having a lovely time by the sea. I can just feel the breeze.. :-D.
    Your layouts are just beautiful. I am always in awe of people who can rock a two-pager!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome layouts! I love the suns and those dinos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww...the beach is my happiest place too! Pics are beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous layouts! I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥