Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Letting Go


Letting go...such a difficult thing.  Your nature says...protect, care, love, hold and nurture.  Not letting go is even more devastating.  Sleepless nights spent wondering and worrying. Being thrown off balance by unexpected events time after time.

I read these wise words by Pastor Paul Daniel on my sister's facebook page today.  I needed to read it.  
  • To let go doesn't mean to stop caring; It means I can't do it for someone else. 
  • To let go is not to cut myself off... It's the realization that I can't control another... 
  • To let go is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences. 
  • To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands. 
  • To let go is not to try and change or blame another, I can only change myself. 
  • To let go is not to care for, but to care about. 
  • To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive. 
  • To let go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being. 
  • To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own outcomes. 
  • To let go is not to be protective, It is to permit another to face reality. 
  • To let go is not to deny, but to accept. 
  • To let go is not to nag, scold, or argue, but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them. 
  • To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes and cherish the moment. 
  • To let go is not to criticize and regulate anyone, but to try to become what I dream I can be. 
  • To let go is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future. 
  • To let go is to fear less and love more. 
  • To let go and to let God, is to find peace !
xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh Lynette, great great words! I know why this means so much. Love and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this too !

    Thanks taking the time for your email reply , hun ! Much appreciated !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wonderful words indeed. Offering comfort of sorts. You did need to read them and i pray that your journey will be made easier by them.

    love u lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. Definately worth reading and needed to hear it too. Letting go is way harder than I thought it would be - and this helps alot. Thanks.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this today too...thank you for sharing it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is sooo true! though not always easy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I needed to read this today too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, wise words, thanks for sharing! Have a fun-filled weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, I needed to read those words too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know where you are coming from on this & I feel for you!! I have done this in another relationship in recent years & indeed it was the only way. Reading these points really makes me see that even more. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥