Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday at Moyo (Spier)

I had my sister take this photo of me and B...the only one of us together.

Sunday morning we woke to beautiful blue skies...and we were so excited to spend the day at Spier.  I booked for us at Moyo because I was pretty sure that B. would love to have a proper South African meal on her birthday.
We chose to sit outside...as the large tent looked so dark and cold.
The birthday girl.
I took stacks of photos of this gorgeous restaurant...but I won't bore you with too many.  I love this venue and the idea of sitting in your own little tent.
Some drumming as entertainment.
We could help ourselves to carvery, five different potjies and every vegetable you kan think of...yummy!  
B being serenaded by the entertainers.

We left Spier Wine Estate with heavy tummies...and happy hearts.  When we got to my sister, Anita's house we watched them eat:-) They made a cake of cup cakes for B and she had to blow out the candles.

It was good to spend the few days with B.....but it was also good to get back home and sleep in my own bed again.  

Here is the layout I made with The Scrappiest Sketch #126.  The sketch was really a challenge and after a while I decided that it reminded me of the sail of a boat...so that is what I did on my layout.
Here is the sketch.
My layout based on it.
My little Dewan...so gorgeous.  I used My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Mabel papers and embellishments.

xx

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on B's birthday, you do look so sad on the only photo that you have of you two together :(
    Spier is still the same....looks the same ~ love it there, but in summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of the little tents is beautiful! Looks like a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos, and the food is making me so hungry right now!!!
    What a sweet and fun page, love the texture, and that lettering look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b-day to B!!!! I see you had a great day!!! Your layout is awwww simply adorable and sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been lovely for your to spend some time together, I feel for you because nobody is a better Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a terrific birthday celebration! Love your take on the sketch! Such a striking LO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest layout,love it!! your take on the sketch was brilliant:) me...enjoy spier too:) happy that you had a lovely time:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, Happy Birthday to B. I absolutely LOVE going to Spier though I haven't been there in yonks! Love your pics.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great birthday !
    Regards,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great fun day! What an adorable page you made from the sketch. I so agree on the sailboat idea but not sure I would have come up with that .. love seeing new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the photos!! She looks just like Mama!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo... I am IN LOVE with that photo and the sailboat! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. More awesome photos and your layout/photo are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spier is a stunning place. Ther last time we were there, we did not do the Moyo thing, which I regret! But there's always something to look forward to!

    I hope everything is well there with B? Not saying anything is also saying something...

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have not been able to leave a comment for ages - I always love your layouts - beautiful..Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  15. O U T S T A N D I N G layout you have created with this interesting sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you had a great time in Cape Town with your daughter.

    Love your layout... such a fun take on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos, Lynette! I am just so glad that you got to spend her birthday together. How very special for you. That sketch sure does look a challenge but you nailed it with the sailboat! Very creative, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous venue and the food looks so yummy!
    Love your layout and those MME papers are some of my favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like an amazing celebration!

    LOVE that layout, Lynette. Gorgeous design, and the text-print sails are just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos - and what a gorgeous SB page you made of Dewan!
    B looks well....... I hope it wasn't too difficuilt for you x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your page is so creative. Dewan is gorgeous! You're good just getting home and already scrapbooking! Have a fabulous week

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a beautiful venue...we have one in Durban that is also quite exquisite...Love the layout too. Great job you did of making the yacht! Not much else one can do with a sketch that looks like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute pic of you and B...love your LO...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥