Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend roundup

I can honestly say that today....for the first time in more than a week, I feel my old self.   My poor DH must have wondered what happened to his even tempered wife and who was this argumentative, difficult woman that was suddenly living with him. The worst part (for me...not DH;-) was the brain zaps...  On Friday afternoon I had to do a bit of shopping and ended up phoning DH to come and fetch me, my head was spinning and I was too afraid to drive myself home.

We have a church celebration service at the mission on Sunday evenings and this week was my turn to bring the message.  I kept it simple.  I prepared a salvation message and spoke about "solid foundations".  We often sing a beautiful song called:  ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.  The first verse goes like this:

Almighty God my Redeemer, my hiding place, my strong refuge
No other name like Jesus, no power can stand against you
My feet are planted on this rock and I will not be shaken
My hope it comes from you alone, my Lord and my Salvation
Your praise is always on my lips, your Word is living in my heart
And I will praise you with a new song, my soul will bless you Lord

We see how the storms of life come and knock them off the Rock, and how easy it is for them to be shaken.  If only these word can become a reality in our lives.  Last week I was so frustrated with people that just don't and can't rely and hope and trust in the Lord.  I said to my DH...."Some days I wish that people come with a little box on their backs that we can open and then push a button that will reset them to factory settings."  I know it sound silly and I know that the Lord has created us with a free will and He doesn't need puppets to worship Him.  But then I started thinking about it...so...we were not factory manufactured....but we were created for a reason.  That reason is to worship Him and have a relationship with Him.  If only we can be "reset" to do what we were created for;-)   My dream is for these precious people of God to know the promises He has for them.  That they will cling to Him when the going gets tough and not fall back into their previous coping mechanisms...ie. drugs and alcohol.

Okay!
Onto things creative.
I created these layouts of my gorgeous grandchildren.  They are my favourite subjects to scrap and I just adore them.

Some photos of Lukas and Christian playing with Nina.  What a stunning puppy she is!  They can sit on her, pull her ears and lie on top of her...and she just comes back for more.  I used some MME Stella and Rose papers and embellishments for this layout.
A two page layout of Leane...my little cupcake baker.  She has been asking for ages to please bake with her.  Don't laugh Shayne!  I am a firm believer that those ladies that bake for the home industries also need to make a living. I bought one of those boxes of cake mixes and Leane did most of  it all by herself.  She mixed and licked and mixed some more.  Ouma had to help her pour the mixture into the cupcake papers and push it into the oven.  She stood in front of the oven and watched it rise and turn light brown.  Then I had to mix the sugar icing and she meticulously placed each brightly coloured icing star on the cup cakes.  Her fingers would get all sticky and she would need to lick then before carrying on:-)  Her little face was filled with such delight when she tasted the first cupcake she made herself.  I combined some Imaginice and MME Fine and Dandy papers for this. 
Last, but not least...a layout of little Dewan. He is such a charming little boy and those baby blue eyes...so adorable.  I look at him sometime and I wonder what is going through that little mind... I used Basic Grey and MME Fine and Dandy papers and embellishments for this layouts.  All three the layouts are based on sketches by the very talented Allison Davis.

xx

28 comments:

  1. A 'reset' button would be nice! lol! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your layouts! they are just STUNNING! i loveeeeeeeee that cupcake on the 2nd one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such stunning pics...I always love seeing them!
    And so glad you are feeling better!

    PS. Nothing wrong with box cake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Gorgeous layouts Lynette!! I love MME papers and you have done a fantastic job. Your photos are really lovely too.
    Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you're feeling better and yes to the reset button! I'd use it on me multiple times a day :)

    love the baker - I can't wait to start baking with my two./ They already watch very intently when I cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better.
    The Lo's are wonderful, I esp love the Dude one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sentiment in the post, beautiful layouts and beautiful photographs!
    xxx
    A

    p.s. fab news you feeling more normal again :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear you are feeling better! Your layouts are beautiful. And so are your grandchildren!! Beautiful babies they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love all your layouts! They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that you are on your way back to being your normal self.

    Yes, wouldn't a reset button just be perfect!

    Love your LO's - especially the last one and of course the baking one. My girls love baking too and i never do it with them. Bad Yummy Mummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling so much better and tanks for the lovely message. And those layouts are beautiful - the princess and I often bake - like a boding thing for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad things are settling down a bit on the health front - geez - scray stuff...Loving your layouts - particularly the last one - lovely & simple with wonderful photos = brilliant to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, reset me too...oh how I find myself faltering here and there, LOL. Glad to see you are feeling better! Fabulous layouts as usual - LOVE them and the beautiful subjects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A twinge of guilt from me when you talk about people not trusting and relying on God....ai, a reset button would be splendiferous.

    Beautiful BEAUTIFUL layouts bok! Am off to PO tomorrow to get my kits as I am really hoping Hooli will be back at school .... whoopeee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you came through the meds! Stunning photos and scraps!

    Un/Fortunately people have to make their own choices! I have come to the conclusion that each one has to decide how and when, and we cannot dictate! However frustrating! Life would have been a flat-liner if we all thought and did and believed the same ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes, Lynette, I agree. it happens all the time: the moment troubles come, people instead of running to God, turn away from Him, leave the church... it is sad... and it is even more sad that most of the times it is same people, and they just don't want to learn...
    I am glad to hear that you are better now!
    and you LOs are stunning! beautiful work and verry cute photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Die uitlegte is stunning. Love jou styl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't believe how much the children have grown!
    so glad you are on the mend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing layouts!!! And all double, that's a challenge for me...you make it look easy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layout Lynette, great scrap of those precious photos.

    Glad that you are feeling better now!
    sending you lots of sunshine from Singapore! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woow Lynette those layouts are fabulous and the pics AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! I loved them all!!! Your grandbabies are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. they really are at a great age to scrap !!! glorious & precious subjects to scrap for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you are feeling a little better. Love the pages. I just can't even pick a favorite. Each one of them is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. - So so so glad you are feeling better
    - Baking, even when out of a box is so much fun and for the little people, licking the spoons must the ultimate reward
    - Your layouts - oh boy oh boy - stunning as always
    - I wish I had a reset button, sometimes, when the world has been working me, I sure could do with a reset - that's when I know its time to 'clean the floor with my knees'

    You're so special! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your layouts are so inspiring, I love the one of Dewan!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I guess our reset button is true repentence. Unfortunately it malfunctions all too often.

    I loved reading the words of the song. Beautiful!

    Your layouts are stunning, Lynette. It was really fun to read about Leane's cupcakes. Such a delight to enjoy baking with children :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So glad you're feeling better!
    Loved reading your post today :-) and your layouts are fabulous. That puppy looks adorable!!
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are all gorgeous layouts! You are rocking these sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥