Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

She called it a "blind date";-)


I have been following Pamela's (An Ordinary Life) blog for the past two years.  We live less than 10km from each other and yesterday we met (in real life) at last.  She jokingly refered to it as a "blind date" (her DH's words for it)  I found it amazing that we could chat as if we have known each other forever and I came away realising just how much we reveal about ourselves and out lives on our blogs.

I have been so excited about meeting her since we set the date last week. I was on my way and driving on the freeway when I noticed that the fuel levels in my car was seriously low.  I phoned my DH and told him that I don't think I am going to make it to the restaurant and the words were hardly uttered when my little car gave a shudder and I had to move over to the pavement.  My darling man was there in minutes, picking me up and driving me to the restaurant.  We recognised each other immediately and was soon chatting like old friends.  After a while DH returned with my car keys....having filled the tank.  It was so funny when he got to us and realised that Pamela recognised him from my blog too.  I joked with him last night saying I am sure he came to check if it was REALLY a girl I was meeting.  I am really hoping that we will have many more coffee/lunch dates.
 (photo by Pamela)

I was really impressed with the food at the Deli on Stanley Street and love how quaint and artsy the interior is.  These photos hardly do it justice.  Hayley would have done a fab photoshoot that would have captured the mood of this little restaurant.  Here is a few photos:


Just another reason why I love this thing called blogging...the fantastic people you meet.

Then onto some "toots" on 2Peas.  LOL!  I have really come into my own style (at last) where scrapping is concerned.  If I have to describe it, it would be cleanlined and focusing on the photo.
On 18 May "Silly Playful Happy" was most liked on 2Peas.

On 19 May "Cool Dude" was most liked and second in most bookmarked.

Happy weekend!

xx

23 comments:

  1. Glad you got to meet Pammie - next time I am in PE we will all meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful place to meet!!! and Loving all of your LO's as always, no surprise that so many people are loving your work on 2Peas as well!!! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you could meet in person. You are blessed to have a DH who cares so much about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had fun! When I meet scrap friends, we can talk for HOURS!!! Your DH is so nice!!! As for 2peas, I see your layouts up there very often! Congrats girl!!!! I love your clean style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you finally met one another, about time i think!

    Looks like a divine little deli, will have to try it when next i'm in PE.

    Yr scrapping is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way and place to to meet!
    Congrats on your scrapping success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynette, it was great to meet up. And to meet your DH and son too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time I'm in PE, I also want to meet you :)

    That deli is JUST exactly my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so, so awesome!!! I just left a comment on Pam's blog, that the next time I am in PE....we are so doing this :-)

    And such a stunning restuarant...love the pics :-)

    and thanks for the compliment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooooooooooooo fun to meet her!! I loveeeeeeee the photos and yayyyyyyyyyyy for the 2peas shout outs!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Lynette and she looks so lovely as well...has an open face that says a lot.
    Great when bloggers can meet and get along...I love all the bloggers I've gotten to meet over the years as well....even a blogger in Holland...was amazing.
    I would know who you where from your blogs should I walk past you in the shops.....Your beauty stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrat's on your LO's!! How wonderful that you got to meet your blogging friend!!!! That restaurant looks amazing and your husband is a total sweetie! Reminds me of mine. ;) We are lucky women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is such fun to meet up with blog buddies and it never ceases to amaze me how comfortable it so quickly becomes with these woman...I am looking forward to meeting another of mine in June.
    xxx
    A

    p.s. go hug that husband of yours he is an absolute gem!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a wonderful thing when you can connect with your online scrap family in real life!! I have done this many times and have forged very special friendships because of our common obsession, I mean passion!! And kudos to the best husband one could ever ask for!! Mine has done the same for me. Gotta love our men!! They take such good care of us!! Have a wonderful weekend Lynette!!
    Big Hugs from Florida
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you lucky girls.... would so love to meet some blog buddies too! Am feeling rather disconnected from blog world at the mo... hope it passes

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an awesome date you had meeting Pam ! & you sure are on a scrappy roll with the 2peas toots ! way to go , hun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How awesome that you got to meet your online friend, an huge congrats on your 2Peas recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so wonderful when we can actually meet our friends on here. I'm hoping to meet a few of my "locally close" blog friends from around here soon.
    You 2 look like you could be really good friends:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette, I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for posting a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.

    Congratulations on your highlights on the Two Peas gallery too! I noticed your Cool Dude layout when I was surfing around the other day. That is an Allison Davis sketch and I am on her DT. I love what you did with it.

    I have bookmarked your blog and will visit often.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you are your date had lots of fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome that your layouts are doing so grand - but they would, because they're just divine ... and even more 'lekker' that you got to meet a blogging buddy. I'm yet to meet a fellow blogger/net buddy. Maybe when I travel to your end of the earth we could meet and drag Shayne along too. That deli looks absolutely divine and I love little spots like that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun having a bloggy meeting with a "pen-pal" - looks like a lovely meeting place too :) I dream about living close enough to all my bloggy pals & what a wonderful assortment of different yet like-minded people I would have for friends! Woop woop on your 2 Peas shout outs - way to go Lynette! Of course your work is so deserving & your style hasn't changed - it has always been fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So fun to meet up with a bloggie friend! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥