Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

For now....I will stick to my day job!

My goodness...what a weekend!  On Saturday we had craft workshops at our church and my darling cell leader volunteered me to teach scrapbooking.  Last Monday I was told that I have to prepare for 65 ladies and that I will be having a morning and afternoon session with the ladies equally divided between the two classes.  Well...it did not work out quite like that...I was swamped in the first class with about 40 ladies attending.  It was chaos, everybody wanted help at the same time and it was impossible to get to everyone.  The second class was so much easier but it was only about 25 people and I could help everyone without getting to flustered;-)  Where is the photos...I hear you ask.  Well I took all of 3 photos, things just got so hectic that I did not even think of taking photos.  BUT I HAVE MADE A FIRM RESOLUTION...I WILL STICK WITH MY DAY JOB THANK YOU!!!!!

On Sunday morning DS Wynand and DH made us the most devine breakfast and in the afternoon Kobus Jr and Lache (yup....sigh!) took us out for lunch.....so I really felt loved and spoiled this Mothers Day.  

It is also time for Sketch #119 over at The Scrappiest .  This is the layout I did of little Luki with his Buzz and Woody.
 He loves these toys!  I used some Scenic Route Sonoma papers for this layout.  The felt embellishment is by Basic Grey Wander and the title was bought at a local scrapbook store.

Here is Liz Chidester's sketch:
It would be great to see your take on this sketch.  There is some wonderful prizes to win.

xx

25 comments:

  1. Lache????? What?

    I would be so overwhelmed to teach so many people anything - but I am sure you were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what's up?

    Absolutely love that pic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow your Lo is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and so glad you survived your teaching event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) I would stick to my day job too if I were you, LOL!!!
    Love your take on the sketch and that photo is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the cutest scrap, with Buzz and Woody! :D
    Definitely too much people to handle for scrap booking classes. I don't think one person can handle more than 5 people at any one stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO adorable, love how he hold on to woody and light year so tight even when he is asleep, beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your layout! That title is really fun...I don't know how you did it with that many in one class, but glad you made it through..sounds too stressful to me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun that you taught a class and WOW that's A LOT of students!

    Love your sweet layout - such a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS! Brookie now has Adam's Buzz and Woody! :) I loveeeee the colors and how you did the edges! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the sketch Lynette! These papers are great and I love the punched border effect. What a sweet photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on a stunning layout - You capture so much in your photos...As far as teaching goes - Well Done - as far as I am concerned teaching even only two ladies would be daunting...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done to you but I can simply imagine the chaos. Especially if they had no idea what they were doing! I'm sure you did an amazing job tho.

    As for Lache ....... deep breath now, deep breath.

    Love your LO. Love it so much i'm going to scrap this arvi when back from ball skill.

    You are my inspiration sister dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This layout is just wonderful Lynette! My DS(18) used to love Buzz and Woody when he was little too! Scenic Route is one of my favourite paper ranges and I am very sad they don't make it anymore.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey well done you must have been a fab teacher & you survived the first - so youll be better prepared next time. LOL. Your l/o is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your Lo, Lynette!
    40 people at once is really far too hectic.... but the good news is that it is over :-)))
    I'm very glade you had a wonderful Mother's day, even if it was with some new people :-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am not surprised you felt flustered at times with 40 ladies and no teacher's assistant...WELL DONE for making it through the day and am so glad you were spoilt on Mother's day and were able to rest a bit.
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lache??? Let's hope I private post is in the pipeline there...Love the layout! Great job. Don't do the Scrappiest as I've said before - there are lovely prizes on offer but I am yet to receive mine about 2 years later - Liz told me she couldn't afford the postage despite what her blog says - that said, did you get your box of goodies? Just checking so I know the SAPO is doing it's job :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lache??? Let's hope I private post is in the pipeline there...Love the layout! Great job. Don't do the Scrappiest as I've said before - there are lovely prizes on offer but I am yet to receive mine about 2 years later - Liz told me she couldn't afford the postage despite what her blog says - that said, did you get your box of goodies? Just checking so I know the SAPO is doing it's job :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would've loved to take your class, I'm sure you did a great job! And your layout is simply precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! 40 ladies, well done! im not sure i could do it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling photo, Lynette, and such an awesome page! Love the colors you used, and the punched edgtes look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy moly i cannot imagine being a teacher, but looking at your lovely LO's i can totally see why everyone would want to consult *YOU* that's for sure! loving this pic of your adorable little guy and WOW what a great verrsion it is of the sketch!

    (ps: the mannequin photos below are AWESOME too! what a little cutie!!!!!!!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this page, the title the photo the colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥