Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The long weekend

I am loving all the public holidays. On Saturday Nadia went to a kitchen tea and pamper party and Kobus Jr and Wynand went to a bachelor's party...so the grand parentals stayed home and looked after our little ones. 
Later it was 3 babies and 3 teddies in bed with their milo...which obviously did not work out:-) They all sneaked away and the five of us ended up in our king size bed.  Later when they were asleep we carried them back to their bed. Yesterday morning they woke us at the crack of dawn and then it was just go...go...go.  They all want the same toys at the same time and at this age they don't share.  Needless to say that last night when Leane and Dewan left with their parents we welcomed the silence returning to our home.  I was totally exhausted but realize that a lot of that was due to the emotions that went along with Nala's death.

Last week I found some time to do some projects.  This is sketch #116 by Liz Chidester of The Scrappiest.
I made this layout of Karen's (Momagain@40) daughter Mieka.  
I flipped the sketch and used Sassafras Lass Indie Girl papers.  I made a bling circle instead of a paper circle and the flowers are Prima.

This is The Scrappiest Sketch #118
I thought that this photo was perfect for this layout.
I cut the felt stars with my Revolution die cutter.  The paper and trims are My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy and the little sheep EK Success Jolie's.  The alphabets are American Craft.

Then I have been roped into a Scrapbooking workshop at our church next Saturday.  I was told this morning that I will be doing two classes with a total of 65 ladies.  Oh, my shattered nerves...I have never done this before! The budget is R40 per person and if you do scrapping you will know that I will have to do a lot of fancy footwork to be able to make up a page-kit for that. Tomorrow it is "a shopping I will go":-)

This is the inspiration prompt for the latest challenge  at Get Picky.
My layout
I just couldn't resist putting in a dash of red. I used papers from My Minds Eye's "Love me do" range. I used a sketch by Allison Davis

I have just noticed how perfect the colours of my layout for the Scrappiest sketch 118 is also fitting into the Get Picky challenge.  I decided to enter both of them in the Get Picky Challenge.

A word I want to take with me today and this week is:  2 Corinthians 5:7 - We walk by faith, not by sight.
If we keep waiting on inspiration from the Lord before we act, then nothing will happen.  Get up and "do it" with or without inspiration and let the Lord bless you after the fact.  Unless and until we get active in the Lord's work, we most likely will drift away from Him.  Inspiration will most likely come during or after your "work" not before.

Happy Day.
xx

33 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the pics of the 3 kids with their milo and teddies.

    TOO CUTE!!!!

    They really are adorable.

    And so sorry to hear about your dog.

    I wanted to say on your "where to from here with the blog" post - I can't WAIT to hear the deep thoughts from your heart although I don't think you could ever be boring :)

    The plett pics are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the one of you in the tree :)

    At my (slow) rate, my Dullstroom ones should be up in about Sept :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your last LO.

    Cannot believe how much Leane and Lukas have grown! He's looking like a liitle boy now, not so much a baby any more.

    Hope you have a better week and feel the sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette

    I also wanted to say that I do not find your blog posts boring at all! Or else I would not have read it! ;-) I love coming here, and always find something beautiful for my soul... in words or the scrapping!

    Thank you very much for the beautiful scrap of Mieka! It is stunning! I love it. It is so very sweet of you to do this! :DDD
    THIS is this one of the things that makes blogging so worthwhile. Getting to meet all the nice people, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And u as the grandparents are not complaining....u loving it...you home is full of joy when the little ones are around.
    The two boys are really blond, stunning South African boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynette, I always love visiting your blog. Love the family photos - so cute! And I love your Get Picky layout. The dash of red is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your photos, gorgeous:-)
    ah, yes, i like that, walk in faith and not in sight.
    perfect for todays musings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the scrapbooking - very nice - what program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Get Picky LO! Thx for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling I welcomed coming back to work today after taking 3 days off and making a long week/weekend with the girls, but all I seemed to do was put out fires...the age sure does not help either.

    Loving your projects, beautiful...♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Lynette, the kids look comfortable in the king sized bed.. you look wonderful too in your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Your layouts are really stunning Lynette! Love the beautiful clean lines! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveeeeeeeeee those sweet photos and LOVING all your lo's!!! Just GORGEOUS!!! The colors and designs are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layouts are always so inspiring! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just love the pic of them all in your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my... I don't know where to start, this is going to be a long one....
    first of all, those little ones are just too cute, especially with their teddy bears and Milo, it is funny when i heard you say Milo, i thought it was a south east asia thing, when i first found them in a USA grocery store, I jumped with joy! LOL! Even now, I can only find it in China town store.

    Next to the beautiful layouts, you keeping my eyes so busy, lots of loveliness here, love the sweet colors of the first one, and the heart banners... oh my, I don't think I can name them all, so many so many yummy stuff.

    Last but not least, those photos are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely precious.
    And you and your hubby make a stunning couple!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the heart banner, thanks for playing along @ Get Picky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. susanroelofsesteenkampMay 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM

    Ai hulle is te pragtig. Wens so myne was ook almal hier. Kyk darem Woensdae na Jannie en Ritha se klein Jodia. Groete vir almal. Jammer oor julle hond

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, your grandchildren are so adorable! You are blessed to have so much time with them :)

    Love, love, love your layouts! The prima flowers and Jolie sheep--LOVE! But that picture of the sleeping babe is just precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. adorable pics & layouts ! Just precious indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I needed that verse today - thanks! Hope you rest a while.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your sketchs & your pages x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet photos of the little ones! Happy to see you scrapping again! Wonderful LO's and I especially love the heart banner on the third LO! The colours in that LO are so striking and just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable babies! Love the photos of them in bed, so cute!

    Your layouts are fabulous! I love your eye for color and detail!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so blessed with those cherebs (can't wait to have grandbabies LOL) & your work is amazing. The verse certainly hit my spot today - thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are such awesome grandparents! I hope your sons know this - they are VERY lucky x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the photo of them all with their bottles. I have one of my two nieces and a friend of theirs lying on my bed with their dummies. So precious. Love your layouts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful layouts Lynette! All three of them...love the bling & Prima on the fist one & the simple design of the second one...Now how did you take those shots in the 3rd one? This is my favourite layout - the punch colour scheme is great - love that you added the red - it is much better for it! Yikes what a weekend :) Can't wait to become a granny (though mustn't be too soon LOL) I've done it for 18 years TODAY (Chelsea's birthday today) with not a finger lifted by all THREE sets of grandparents EVER - phew it's been tiring {yawn...}

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a busy weekend - AND what lovely grandchildren you have - the photos capture them perfectly. Your layouts are gorgeous. I love your blog - it is inspiring and your gentle (but strong) soul comes through in every single one of your postings...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  30. hi Lynette, your layouts are really awesome!

    ...and that first picture of the three kids is soooo gorgeous!

    can't stop looking at it!

    hope you're having a great day!

    betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. the pics of the kids are beyond being cute, specialy the one in the bed :-)))))
    very beautiful LOs! I just love that Plett pic of you two!
    and I totally agree with your last words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥