Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring.....

...and just hearing the rain makes me SO very happy.  We have had a drought in our area for the past two years.  Water restriction were imposed in October 2009, whereby we are only allowed 15 kiloliters of water per household per month...that is 500 liters per day.  We end up paying heavy penalties each month for using more than this.  Our garden has taken a serious knock in this time.

This little man has not seen much rain in his lifetime and when he saw the puddles this morning he wanted to go splashing.  
So there he was in his pj's and gumboots...splashing and running and playing...it sure doesn't take much to bring him happiness.

Let me show you what I have created over this past weekend.  The first is the layout based on The Scrappiest sketch no 121:
...and my interpretation:  You and Me always together.
My youngest son Wynand and his pretty wife Nadia.  This photos were taken in Sedgefield last year, the day before he had the brain bleed that left him with hardly any vision. I can't look at these photos without a feeling of deep gratitude for what the Lord has done in his life this past year...and to marvel about the fact that today he can see again.  I used Echo Park "For the Record" papers and embellishments.  The doilies are by Maya Road and the flowers are by Prima...I chopped up a vine and used the little flowers.

Golf is life!  (our so my DH tells me.)  I was very inspired when I saw a layout done by Carolyn Wolff  who is part of the design team at Sketch Support . I also made my circle with brads and used Karen Foster stickers for embellishing the layout.  I found the golf border stickers at Crazy Store.

This layout celebrated DH's very first hole-in-one.  He was playing in a match at the Plettenberg Bay country club when he scored the hole-in-one on the 11the hole. 

25 comments:

  1. This statement 'This little man has not seen much rain in his lifetime...' shocked me...and its so true...we forget!

    So happy its raining!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I am so glad for you guys - wonderful blessings from above. My FIL installed two huge tanks catching rain water if there is and grey water from the house with pipes to the garden. Helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rain photos! Glad that you are getting some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy days ahead?
    Hope you are feeling good, Lynette.. like the photos of your kids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great rain !
    Water is life...
    Greetings from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeeee those photos!! How FUN!! And the lo's are just GORGEOUS! You always amaze me!! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great close-up of the boots and the rain drops/puddle.
    Looking forward to seeing that in a LO soon. Love your scrapbooking, trust they will do well at 2 peas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hole in one! I can never figure out how this is even possible! Yay:)) I love the rain gear models. So very sweet:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you have gotten some rain. I feel that way about rain too! I normally love it when it rains. The photos are adorable!

    And your double page layout!!! It is AMAZING! You had better submit that because its gorgeous!

    Hope you are well Lynette!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your scrapbooking!Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ag - cute! Reminds me of when we lived in England... seeing kids in wellies and brollies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got to love the red boots and umbrella...but adore that little boy in the middle of them both....:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful that you got rain. Hope it keeps on coming and replenishes some water supply. Love your take on Liz's sketch. The photo really brings home the fact that life can change in a moment. So glad that your DS is fine. Wonderful double and I love the brad circular element. I always love me some brads!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those red boots are adorable! I wish I could send you some of our rain--it seems to never stop here. Amazing how the world is so different in places!

    LOVE your layouts! I got choked up looking at the pictures of your DS and Nadia. What a miracle!

    I used to be a golfer and never scored a hole-in-one. What an accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely LOVe the closeup of the boots. Gorgeous.

    The rain has just started bucketing down here - 5 ml in the last 10 mins. Sounds like it's here for the night. And they started grading our raods today, so you can just imagine the slippy sliding i'm going to be doing tom.

    Love both those LO's. Especially the golf one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rain! What fun photos!

    I love the layouts you created, both of them are fabulous!

    So wonderful how your son has been blessed. What a huge trial and an amazing miracle that followed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Raining on & off here & I also love it - always does wonders for the greenery!! Lovely photos & fantastic layouts - the both of them. Loving the Echo Park one - just adore that entire range - every time I look at Nadia I marvel at how beautiful she is - Wynand sure snagged a hottie there - I want to know what her skin care routine is & how she has such white teeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear about the rain too ! & just look how cute Lucas is goiing puddle spalshing ! lol

    Great layouts & subjects you've scrapped ! Great pics of the hole-in-one ! woot !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly...you and your family should be in magazines..just beautiful! Your gift is on my desk here and I need to send it to you!!!!!!! OK...tomorrow I go to post office!...lol I am so sorry...I am so late. Has been so much going on around here...but I think I can sneak out tomorrow morning and get this off to you. My goal was before Christmas...lol hugs and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layouts. I love the rain photos and that little face.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lynette.....I am so flattered. Your golf layout turned out great.

    Love the rain photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Once again - pictures that speak loouder then words - Lots of fun pictures - I hope I did not offend you by reminding you that you used to do TUT - it would be lovely to see you doing it again - But it is a time comitment and the number one consideration is YOU and whether you feel that it would be too pressurised at this stage in your life...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your line of golf balls...congrat's to your dh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL work! I love the pictures and I love the layouts! What great layouts! Beautiful family! Also wanted to say I saw your layout on page maps! Congrats! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the picture of the boots. Must say this sentence disturbs me: "This little man has not seen much rain in his lifetime and when he saw the puddles this morning he wanted to go splashing".
    Amazing what we take for granted. Hope you get lots of rain this winter.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥