Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life is precious.

I got a call from my mom late yesterday afternoon. My parents are in their 70's and live in Kidds Beach a few kilometers from East Londen. They were phoning me from the scene of this accident.  They were driving between Kidds Beach and East Londen and it was pouring with rain, as my dad went around a bend the vehicle started to slide and then it started rolling.  The front part of the roof is flat, but they managed to crawl out the back window.  Their neighbour drove them to the hospital and they were checked out.  My dad hit his head badly, but there appears to be no damage to his back or neck.  When the break down service removed the car they were still in shock and my mother gave them the whole bunch of keys.  Later when they got home she realised that she did not have the keys to the house, so no problem, my very tough mom climbed through the window...she is truly amazing.  I am so very thankful that they were not hurt, the Lord truly had His hand over them.

Other than that...
I am counting the sleeps..
Two more days then we will be in Plettenberg Bay for a well deserved rest...YAY!
Tomorrow I will see Shayne and tomorrow evening we will be going to the Neil Diamond concert.
Saturday morning we will be off...can't wait!

xx

24 comments:

  1. OMW Lynette....so, so, so thankful they are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! Scary scary stuff. So glad they are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The Lord did indeed have his hand over them. Wow.

    So relieved that htey are in fact just fine.

    See u tomorrow my darlin!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a miracle! I am so happy that they are both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God! I'm glad they're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at that you'd never say they walked away.
    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynette - Thank God they are ok! That is so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that your parents are fine. What a scary scene! Your mom does sound amazing with climbing through a window to get in her house after a day like this! Enjoy Neil!! We have seen him in concert 3 times and always enjoy his show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing they were not hurt badly from seeing that wreckage, the Lord had his hand on them that day for sure! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear you parents are okay Lynette! I think we are so fortunate to know and believe that there is someone watching over us and guiding us on our journey.
    Take care and enjoy a well earned break x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanking God that they are okay! WOW!! What a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I know why you are such a touhj cookie! So glad all workrd out in the end.
    Neil Diamond! WOW!!!! We went here at the soccer stadium and I can honestly say it was one of the best nights of my life. Enjoy and enjoy your well deserved holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! SO glad they are ok!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear your parents came out of this situation okay too !!! Big hugs !!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your break with Neil Diamond too ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Lynette, so relieved they are fine. God certainly kept his hands over them. Enjoy the concert, Shayne's company and the break.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad they are okay!!!
    Enjoy the rest, you lucky fish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Praise the Lord - thats incredible. Very scary for all. I hope you have a wonderful concert & time in Plettenberg Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh Lynette, so so glad they are okay. Have a wonderful holiday, look forward to seeing the pics (and pages you create with them) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad they are both OK and you can go and enjoy your break. Trusting it will be refreshing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! So glad they are ok! How scary! Enjoy your vacation :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm shocked..wow that sure looks very scary and to think they got out!!!!!
    Wow what amazing people they are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH MY WORD Lynette - praise God!!! Unbelievable...a true miracle - treasure your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. O dear me, I hope your parents are recovering from the shock!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh so happy to hear that your parents are doing ok! truly His amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥