Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Get Picky March Inspiration challenge

This gorgeous picture is the inspiration for the March at Get Picky.  I struggled with this one...so much colour, flowers, feathers and butterflies, I honestly didn't know where to start. This is what I came up with...and it took me ages.

I decided to scrap these beautiful photos of my daughter-in-grace taken in my garden.  She is such a natural beauty and she has the most amazing personality.  We are so blessed to have her in our life.  I then pulled out papers that has the right colour combination.  I chose Websters "Your Life Beautiful" page for the background.  The chipboard dress frame is by a local  South African manufacturer called Enmarc.  I then added some peacock feathers, some flowers to the dress frame and a few butterflies. I used some quote rubons by Kaiserkraft.   I am happy with how it turned out. 

I have been wanting to scrap photos of our Cell Group ladies taken at a Valentines Ball last year.  I used this page map.
...turned it on its side and my layout ended up looking like this:
The printed papers are by Prima and Pink Paislee and the the quote rubons once again by Kaiserkraft.  The chipboard chandelier is again by our local South African manufacturer Enmarc.

Thank you for looking.

xx

23 comments:

  1. Both of these are GORGEOUS! I love love love love the photos and the feathers on the first one and loveeee the photos and flowers on the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Lo's are totally GORGEOUS!! Love your inspiration on the Get Picky Sketch!! There is so much to choose from but think you have done a wonderful job!!
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout of your Daughter-in-Grace. I love that you refer to her as this. Beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous!
    well done
    k
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous... both are stunning! love the quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Lynette! Gorgeous pictures and beautiful layouts. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work for both, especially the first one, I thought it is tough! You did a fabulous job on bringing out not just the colors, the elements, and also the Juicy Couture feel, brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the inspriration lo - she looks divine and the LO too.

    But the other is my fav. Having met all your cell group ladies at your birthday I can just imagine the laughing and giggling and comments that were happing whilst having the 2nd pic taken! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh so very pretty!! love them both!
    blessed you are to have a "daughter in grace"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "daughter in grace"! How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout you created based on that ad! Perfect! Both layouts are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette, The LO's are beautiful! Love the top one - the colors are to die for! Wonderful job!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, she is truly gorgeous and so are your pages! I love the way you've been using the rub-ons, they really look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you interpreted the sketch! It looks great! And the other one is lovely!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You inspire me!
    The "Friends" scrap very special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful! Love them both!
    You're gifted, dear Lynette.

    Happy Monday and big hugs to you!

    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of them, but what I love most is the text for Nadia's. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. These LO are both fabulous! I love the photos in the first, and the way you used peacock feathers. The second one is great rotated and I love the little chandelier you added. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful Lynette! Love them both & I am always astounded by Nadia's beauty - you can see that it shines from within...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous LOs! I love the peacock feathers. Thanks for playing along..x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your layouts are stunning. I must remember to send my sister your link. You really inspire me :-) Big hugz and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi.. both of these layouts are beautiful and look like they are of very special people in your life!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥