Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bliss

This is where I am at right now...and outside the window I hear the crashing of waves against the rocks.  Now I can become quiet and reflect on the past few days:-)

The past few days have been hectic.  So much to do and so little time:-)  I did not get my admin up to date...and (shock and horror) I have brought some work with me.  I don't want to even think about it at this time....maybe Monday...and maybe not!

Friday was a great day...because it was the start of our time off.  Wynand turned 29 yesterday and we had lunch at a lovely restaurant overlooking the harbour.  Then we had to rush home to get ready for the Neil Diamond concert.
These photos are all taken off the Algoa FM website and you can see many more HERE.  If you look a few rows behind the Algoa FM logo you will see me with a yellow jersey and DH sitting next to me.  (Maybe you will need a magnifying glass) The Nelson Mandela Stadium was sold out and the atmosphere was amazing.
A very charming man...Neil Diamond.  For two hours we were thoroughly entertained with his ageless  voice, stunning music and amazing lighting.
We clapped, danced and sang...
A Stunning night to remember for a very long time.

This morning DH went to the Mission as we had visitors that wanted to know more about the work we do...and I was off to go and have breakfast with my "heart" sister Shayne.  There is no way that she can visit Port Elizabeth and not see me.  Then I rushed off to pack and now...we are here.  

I told DH that nothing is going to happen "in haste" in the coming days.  We are going to sleep, eat, read and sleep some more.  The most amazing thing is....the QUIETNESS!

xx

13 comments:

  1. OOOH I envy you Lynette! Ooops envy is wrong I know!! Should I say that I am delighted for you & I hope that you have a blessed time of peace & quiet in that idyllic setting. I saw you there in the yellow jersey - without a magnifying glass! Neil Diamond must be pretty old by now but he looks in good shape there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love Neil Diamond!! I am soooooo jealous you got to go! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo from your vacation too! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a weekend!

    And yes...can see you easily in that photo!

    Have an amazing, relaxing time in Plett...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your well earned break :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time doing exactly what your body and soul needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful...the concert looks amazing - enjoy your special time in Plett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy yourselves, what a beautiful place to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kingdom for quietness. Enjoy - what a busy but great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bliss indeed! Hope you come back refreshed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh that just sounds wonderful Lynette - enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. always lovely to be able to take a break every now & then to recharge one's batteries ! That Neil Diamond concert sounds awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you, I feel like an escape right now, somewhere exotic perhaps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥