Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It seems that I have a bit of artistic talent after all.

I was sad to see Kobus move out on Saturday...but he was moving out at the same time that Wynand and Nadia started moving in...so there was not much time to think.  If you thought that a formal lounge has no use, I have news for you...it can most certainly double up for a storage room, so can the garage and the lapa:-)  We have all settled in and it is such a pleasure having them here.  The greatest of all is that Nadia and I will be sharing cooking duties...yay...it is going to be great to eat food somebody else cooked for a change.

I fortunately did my DT work for The Scrappiest last weekend and had my project sent off a long time ago. This is sketch 113.
Here is my take on the sketch.  I used some black and white photo of Kobus Jr. and his children.  The printed papers, most of the embellishments and title is My Minds Eye Stella and Rose (Mabel).  I love this line so much that I bought all 4 the lines with its embellishments.  I liked the idea of using the fiber for the circle, I have had it in my stash for years.  I love the dimension it gives the layout.

I am so excited.  I won my first challenge ever over at "Get Picky" with this layout:

I uploaded a few of my latest layouts to 2Peas and "Little ray of Sunshine" got lots of bookmarks:-)

Thank you for looking.
xx

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win !! Your Scrappiest LO is fabulous. Love how you have created the circle background. Great pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on sharing the cooking duties!

    It must be so nice to have a full house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo your work is fabulous & enjoy the family while you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, that is so exciting - your work is gorgeous though so am not surprised!

    enjoy your volle huisie!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking 2peas! That is AWESOME! I love love love your lo's! They are always full of joy and colors!!! LOVE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do such wonderful work
    always happy to see your layouts
    k
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very exciting! Well done - gorgeous creations, as always x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layouts! Congrats on the challenge win...and not having to cook as much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of Big congrats this 2pager is absolutely adorable!!!
    And congrats too for be featured at 2peas

    I love your take on the sketch this week,fantastic colours and I love the wool?? ring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you have loads of talent! I love coming to catch some eye pretties here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that Stella and Rose is amazing!! Great take!! The fiber circular element is amazing!!! It is so perfect!! Lovely photos. Congrats on the recognition of your LO! So deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, your layout was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, that is quite an achievement soon you will be off to the USA for CHA ;)

    Enjoy your full house - I know you will xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sky really is the limit with your scrapbooking and you seem to be going from strength to stength...LOVE the layouts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like there was any doubt as to your scrapping awesomeness!? Lynette!! Your work is wonderful. You have a great style - I adore how you have so carefully placed those brads on your first layout & you won at get Picky?! That is so cool!! I love doing their challenges - unfortunately I didn't have time for that one - but you would have whipped me anyway!! Congrats you scrappy star - hope you feel on top of the world with all your 2 Peas toots...feels great to compete successfully internationally doesn't it? I know for me it is a huge confidence booster!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynette--your layouts are amazing! I love seeing your creations. Congrats on your recognitions! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning layouts lynette!! you have what it takes!! love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow! those are beautiful! fun new adventure for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Lynette on your win at Get Picky!! Your LO absolutely stood out and is gorgeous!! It was a really hard sketch to work with and you totally nailed it!!!
    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautful layouts!!!! I am glad to see you on a scrappy roll!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing colour combination Lynette and love the photos. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥