Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Cards - made with LOVE

I am certainly very pleased with myself this year.  I love the tradition of Christmas cards...but I have been guilty of not sending cards for years.  This year I decided that this old tradition needs to be picked up again.  Not only that, I decided that I will be sending handmade cards to my family and friends.
I have never made cards before and needed a bit of help.  I purchased this stunning card kit designed by Betsy Veldsman at The Scrappy Gourmet.
The Scrappy Gourmet has become one of my favourite stores to buy from.  They have fun kits with step-by-step instructions on how to complete the various projects.  The owner Dee Walker is also very friendly and always prepared to help and go the extra mile for her customers.
I love the mix of papers and embellishments that was put together for this kit.
I ended up substituting papers and embellishments in order to make the 30 cards I needed.
Years ago when the children were all still at school, I made all our clothes...now my sewing machine is only used to stitch on paper...and that is the way it is going to stay.
All my cards are in special padded envelopes and ready to be mailed off tomorrow.
I hope they all reach their destination before Christmas.
This Snowflake card reminded me of Kirsty's "Flo Snake".
I also hope that these cards will give the recipients as much pleasure as making them gave me.

xxx

30 comments:

  1. Absoluut pragtig - ek weet nie hoe jy hulle kan weg gee nie!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are utterly exquisite Lynette - truly a work of heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lynette, I agree that Scrappy Gourmet is a great place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards lynette!
    You have made them soooo pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are STUNNING!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful Lynette. Made with love that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynette - I love your postings..I feel so guilty and sad that I only visit once a week once I have done my weekly TUT post..But at least I catch up on your goings on every week...You are certainly one talented card making/scrapbooking/photo taking lady - You do beautiful work...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing!!
    It's really hard to pick my favourite!

    Stunning Xmas cards!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards - really stunning. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning....each card is a treasure. Wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the dirtbin - never! They are gorgeous, I am so tempted to haul out my stash and make a couple.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards turned out gorgeous! Nothing like receiving a handmade Christmas card. They're lucky to have you as for a friend/family.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! These cards are wonderful. Your family and friends will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work as always! Your cards are a complete gift!!!!

    (By the way - I absolutely love your profile picture:)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette all of those are truly beautiful works of art!! I love every single one of them, they are adorable! I put them all in my fav's for next year!!! :)

    I put it up on my blog in the comments about the snowman, but I will post it here in case you didn't check back on my blog!

    The snowman is from My Little Yellow Bicycle:
    http://mylyb.com/christmas_delight

    Have a blessed weekend Lynette! You really are a wonderful card-maker!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful cards you made Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How amazing these cards look, Lynette! The recipients are sure to be SO Happy ! these are really for keeps :) have a blessed holiday ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really beautiful! What a wonderful treat for your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette - these are absolutely stunning! Wow - must have taken you ages to create! Thx for the mention too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cards are all gorgeous Lynette - I must pop in to the SG & see what they have at the moment...some very lush stash they supplied in that kit! Great job & I'm sure your friends will be honoured to receive one of these & like you I do hope they'll treasure them forever & not gooi them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are so beautiful!!!! I am sure your recipients will love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful cards! I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow beautiful! I bet your friends and family enjoyed receiving them! The bottom one with the buttons is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is gorgeous!! It's so nice to meet a fellow local blogger:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for my beautiful card - I have pinned it up in our bedroom. I feel so privileged to have received one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I see mine there. Thank you so much Lynette, what a treasure to receive a handmade card brimming with love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥