Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The process or the goal?

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
          — Ursula LeGuin 
     

I cannot believe that we have a month and a half to Christmas!
Where did this year go?  
Have I wished my life away?  
This year have been SO eventful and as I look back I realise that when we go through troubled times we say to ourselves "if I get through this I will be okay".  Then the next thing happens and again life goes on hold until this too passes.  I have forgotten to live in the moment with just the end goal in mind, which brings me to a devotional in My Utmost for His highest by Oswald Chambers that says this:

"We have an idea that God is leading us toward a particular end or a desired goal...the question of whether or not we arrive at a particular goal is of little importance, and reaching it becomes merely an episode along the way.  What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself.  What is my vision of God's purpose for me?  Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now.  If I can stay calm, faithful and unconfuses while in the middle ofthe turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me.  God is not working toward a particular finish - His purpose is the process itself.  Wat He desires for me is that I see "Him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea".  It is the process, not the outcome that is glorifying to God. His training is for now, not later.  His purpose is for this very minute, not for sometime in the future.  GOD'S PURPOSE IS TO ENABLE ME TO SEE THAT HE CAN WALK ON THE STORMS OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW."

So here I am...I survived it all;-D  
I have come to realise that stress is a lousy beautician!  
I have a few more grey hairs! (thank heavens for hair treatments)  
I have a few more lines!  
I have not particularly enjoyed the process.
I DO believe that through it all I have grown spiritually.
I have come to know that there is always a beginning and an end to each process..
I know that He is always in control, that He loves me with an unconditional and never ending love.
I know that He works all to the good of those who love Him.
I have learned that I cannot give up and that I will get to the top of the mountain if I continue to climb.
I have come go know that there will still be many, many mountains to climb.
I just have to learn to see "Him walking on the storms of my life" in every situation.
xxx

17 comments:

  1. excellent reminder for us too ,my dear!!!

    You can only come out stronger from all these ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary is perfect! I really liked reading through this post and kept nodding my head in agreement. Many hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good post...good thoughts. my mind has been in over drive thinking about some of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, needed to hear that today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, loved reading this.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, enjoy what is left of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for this post, I so needed it. I guess I can say that there's a high mountain that I'm just beginning to climb. It's hard but just like you said, it's what we do in the process that is what matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living in the moment is so hard to do continually & something we keep having to remind ourselves to do. You sure have had an eventful year but as the saying goes "What doesn't kill me only serves to make me stronger" - & you are certainly one strong woman as a result ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN! AMEN! and AMEN! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this post! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me who measures everything by eye actually got a ruler and wrote it all out for you!...lol I put it on the comments post in case anyone else wanted them to. let me know if you end up making one...I would love to see yours ms.crafty! =O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you are able to see the positive in all of this, and that you have grown!
    You are an inspiration!

    I also can't believe that we are at this time of the year again :-D
    (But I love this time of the year! Yeah!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh- You captured my very thoughts in my heart this week!
    So with you on this:))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. enjoyed reading your post, Lynette :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, stunning post my friend.

    Yes, as Helen says - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

    But knowing that HE is right beside you along the way eases the burden somewhat?

    See u next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it takes someone spiritually matured to be able to handle the rough and tough patches in life like the way u did, sweet lady... you are a role model :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A remarkable post - what you have endured this year is enough to make most of us lay down and weep with no hope of ever getting up again.

    Thank you for sharing and for your encouraging attitude and reminding us that His faithfulness truly does endure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my friend, you indeed had a huge year - stressful and tiring and doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥