Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

7Gypsies Letterbox tray

I have always wanted to do one of these.  When Shayne told me earlier this year that there is an Ali Edwards tray kit on Cocoa Daisy I was quick to order a kit.  This too became part of my stash;-D

Two weeks ago I decided to give it a bash.  I want this to become part of my photo wall in the passage.  I am so happy with how it is looking that I have ordered two more trays...I saw that Vicki Boutin and Iris Uy made beautiful trays using 7Gypsies Conservatory...so I ordered this line of paper and now I am looking forward to complete my photo wall by Christmas.

This first tray I wanted to use to celebrate the wonderful relationship I have with my darling husband and chose some of the favourite photos taken these past few years. I cannot imagine my life without him.  We met and started dating when I was only 17 and have been together ever since...THAT IS MOST OF MY LIFE.  Here is a few close ups:

This photo of me and my DH was taken in December 2007 by our son, Wynand.  It was my favourite photo of us for quite some time. 

Some of my happiest times are spent at the beach in Plettenberg Bay...here I always find peace and a calm...I believe that we are close to our Creator when we are close to nature.
The little photo in the corner was taken on our 30th wedding anniversary and the one in the centre was taken on Valentyns day this year.
I just love all the pretty wordart that Ali Edwards included int he kit.  The photo of DH was also taken at Plettenberg Bay...Our Happy Place;-D
I bought a whole lot of picture frames in black and I can already see the final collection of photos on my wall.  Combined with these printers trays it is going to be really special.

xx

33 comments:

  1. What a beautiful couple you are! I love the pictures and frames! And yes...I think you should start Thanksgiving there! We really do have so much to be thankful for. Have a wonderful rest of your week and week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE that, man for the first time in a long time I am inspired to pull out all my stash and scrap....what a wonderful wonderful project!!!!
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning really lovely - your photo wall is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos you chose! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Lynette !!!! seriously cool ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Lynette! Which part of the house are you displaying this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh indeed! I can just imagine it too!! Will be wonderful! LOVE that photo of the two of you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette it looks lovely! Mine is done, bar the pics. Just need to print them out. I had chosen ones, but am now going to use the ones from our Christmas Photo shoot - i think they'll look divine.

    Please email me the link to those other ones? I would love to buy another.

    WIsh I was there to help with your photo wall, but i'm sure you are going to do a stunning job on your own.

    Much love my friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Lynette! It looks very nice! I can't wait to see the completed photo wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! It's just beautiful Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. waw !!! this looks great !!
    precious memories !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is so beautiful! That will definitely look great in your home! You did a wonderful job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette that is just beautiful! WOW! I LOVE It!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love that pic of you and your hubby, you have such a lovely smile and you dont always smile in your pics x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! Did I mention I love it? Love it...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Lynette, that is so beautiful. God bless your marriage and I wish you will have many many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just lovely! I met my now-wife when I was 17, too. I can't remember what life was like before her. Nor do I want to.

    There's so much love in this project, and it's obvious from the first glance. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That photo tray is amazing! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks stunning Lynette! Your wonderful relationship with your hubby is certainly something to celebrate in this day and age!! congratulations x-x-x

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this Lynette! Great choice of photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. fab tray this sure turned out , hun !!! & I'm sure the whole wall will be as you expect it ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. our local scrapbookstore also stock these,i always stop and stare and wonder should i buy one or not?? this one you made is looking great, i might just go back and grab one!!
    thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Lynette! I love how you focused on you two! :)

    Have a blessed week!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous, Lynette! I love all of your pictures and the quotes and embellishments you added. I have one of these trays and would really like to get it finished. You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowzers! It turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cant wait to see the completed picture wall. This tray is truly gorgeous and I suppose very sentimental for you.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those trays from 7 Gyspys and have recently bought one to do my Halloween photos. I am a crafty person and have a big scrapbook room full of supplies new and somewhat used. I do not take the time to craft like I used to but today you have inspired me. I
    just came across your blog and your pics are great!!! What type camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥