Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Personal Scrapper Croptoberfest....October 10 - 13

I am still keeping up with the "layout per day".


October 10:  It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
These are still photo from our early Christmas celebration with our children in 2009.  The layout  is designed by Vicki Boutin for CHA2010 and the papers and embellishments used are all Basic Grey Jovial.


October 11:  Focus on ONE photo, change to black and white or sepia.

I took this photo of Lukas and changed it to black and white in Photoshop.  Then I scraplifted a layout that was on the front page of the Creating Keepsakes magazine in February 2010.  I used Bo Bunny Love bandit papers and brads.  The little ladybug was bought at a local haberdashery.


October 12:  Us orange as a main colour.
This is the closest I came to orange.  My idea with this challenges is to use a lot of my stash and to get the back log of scrapping done.  I lifted a layout by Greta Hammond that was published in the Creating Keepsakes of July/August 2010.


October 13:  Time to dust off the die cutting machines and punches
I remember how I motivated the idea of buying the Revolution die cutter and alphabet dies.  It went something like this.  " Bokkie, I really NEED to get this...just imagine how much money I will save on not having to buy alphabets."  Yeah right!!!!  I am still buying alphabets!  I enjoyed doing this layout and getting the colour of the alphabet just right.  I used the Blossom Classic alphabet on the word "butterflies" and the Rollerskate skini mini alphabet on the "you still give me".  I also used a Martha Steward deep edger punch to punch the pink paper lace under the photo.  Paper and embellishments used is K&Co Classic K Margo.

14 comments:

  1. Wow Lynette you're doing an amazing job! I love them all!! Especially the 2nd one! And I love the punch in the 3rd - I keep trying to get hold of it when I do an online job but it is always out of stock! The last one is delightful & I love the circle/flower embellies - did you make them? - and the handstitching & the nice long original title ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts Lynette. I am so glad you are scrapping again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your efforts is meaningful.. full of passion and love for your family and love ones..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those LO's but there is just something about black and white photo's that make them stand out.
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while, but it is silly season at school and my keyboars is being menopausal (just works when it wants to) so I have not been able to leave comments. Hope all is well with everybody. Still remembering you and yours in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all sooo sooo beautiful~! I love each and every one of them, Lynette :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh PLEASE do mine for me!
    You are so creative!!
    Whenever I sit down to scrapbook my photos and memories ...I simply sit there. Looking. And waiting for creativity to hit.
    How do you do it?!
    Beautiful work.....
    My pictures are in nicely organized boxes by the way....;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so hoping that with the scaling down of blogging/facebook that my desire to scrap will return. :-(

    Your layouts are beautiful and meaningful. Loved looking through this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great work !!
    great pictures !
    precious memories .
    love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work girl! The 2nd one is so adroable!! I wish I had talent like this :-)

    Oh, and sweetie have you input your city info in at LOCATION CENTRAL yet? It's the blog where you're able to see who else is blogging in your area! www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are amazing projects!
    Great work!
    Love all of them. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Big hugs!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great to see you scrapping more , Hun !!! adorable pics of the kidlets & you too !!!

    p/s: I've had some little breakthroughs in my scrappy & personal life - pleased to say since Aug & more so in Sept , now Oct too...there is still time left in the year ...not all is lost... we can still SOAR , says the Lord !!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each page a work of art! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful pages, the lovebug one is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥