Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Team Up Thursday: Doors

I chose the topic for this week's challenge.

First up is Stefanie's photo:
Stef says:
"I wanted to drive around and snap some doors, the weather was bad and I never got around to it.
This is a different view of my bedroom door, but I like it. I duplicated the image twice in photoshop elements 6, used 2 blending modes, screen followed by soft light."

And here is mine:


When we left PE, I did not even realise that all my cool pics are on my old laptop...and for a moment there I wanted to backtrack and beg Stefanie to let me skip this week. Last week I skipped because I was ill, so that would not do.  On Tuesday morning we went for a drive and drove past a very pretty B&B on the edge of the river...and I saw the most amazingly beautiful door that leads onto a court yard.  So there it is...challenge ON!

You can follow other bloggers that are doing this challenge by clicking on their links on my sidebar.

Thank you for looking;-D

16 comments:

  1. wow Lynette u found a very interesting door....love it...when did u take this photo??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynette - Glad you are feeling better and on HOLIDAY - Awesome...The baby whale is beautiful and both your and Stef's door is lovely - Isn't it funny how some weeks the pictures between partners are so different and other weeks so similair...We did Teddy Bears...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 2nd one is unique... real oak door, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! That door is just gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!! I once got a photo of the door that belonged to the inventor of "Coca-Cola"....and it was painted "coca-cola red" :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE DOORS - I LOVE YOUR THEME! These are beautiful photos - your photos is breath-taking, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!! The added color adds so much to the antiqued door - very nice. I'm still without a partner for TUT and hope to be back next week (she's without a home computer right now)!

    BTW LOVE YOUR BLOG BELOW - how fun is that to see a whale AND I totally agree with you on the EAT, PRAY, LOVE comment!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pragtige foto van die deur Lynette - nooi mens sommer om by daai B&B te gaan oorbly.

    Geniet die vakansie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Herlien - we have booked into this B&B when we have to vacate our room at the Beacon Island...it really did invite me in;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful pictures - well done both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gorgeous door. Speaks of mysteries and history! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That certainly is a gorgeous door - wow what a fab find. Great job this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - that gate is absolutely beautiful & look at all that lavender within it - I hope you went in & photographed the whole place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Those are great photos! Your photography is amazing! I love the whale shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, what a beautiful door to come across!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely pics by Steph & you ! how lovely to chance upon that olde door ! what details !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Lynette,

    I am backkkkkkkkkkk...

    I hope you are much better now.
    Glad to hear you had a great ride.

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful door and picture Lynette. It seems magical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥