Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A special show

Yesterday afternoon Kobus and I sat in the Sea Lounge of the hotel reading,  we were entertained to an amazing show by this baby whale.
He never ventured to far from mommy, but was so playful that even the staff of the hotel rushed to the large picture windows to watch the spectacle.
I must be totally honest and tell you that this was far closer than when I went on a dolphin and whale watching cruise a few years ago.
On this photo you can see just how close to shore they were.
It is wonderful to be spoiled and get such a beautiful show.  I can only imagine that baby whale must be SO happy to behave so boisterously.
All while sitting on your bum in a cozy chair.

Okay, some of you asked about Eat Pray Love.  I really enjoyed this book, up to a point.  Helen, you commented that the book is rather New Age and I completely agree with you.  In the pray part of the book, I got somewhat lost because I can't get my head around the "all roads lead to God concept" and although I can meditate on the word of the Lord for hours, I find the concepts of saying mantra's until you reach a stage of enlightenment somewhat disturbing.  Helen, the book is a non-fiction book about the authors journey to find herself.  There is some true nuggets of wisdom, but I do believe that for a baby Christian reading this book can be a tad dangerous as it could lead you astray.

Here is another delightful nugget from her book(she is talking about the difference between her and her sister):

"Here's another example of the difference in our worldviews. A family in my sister's neighborhood was recently stricken with a double tragedy, when both the young mother and her three-year-old son were diagnosed with cancer.  When Catherine told me about this, I could only say, shocked, "Dear God, that family needs grace."  She replied firmly, "That family needs casseroles," and then proceeded to organize the entire neighborhood into bringing that family dinner, in shifts, every single night, for an entire year. I do not know if my sister fully recognizes that this is grace."

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos Lynette, can't believe how close you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How Beautiful!!! Maybe one day i can get to see something like that! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You captured that exuberance so beautifully, what a blessing. Seeing His creation like this always draws me closer to the Creator.
    Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning pics! And you are looking quite relaxwd, my dear ;)
    Good to see x-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are so lucky to have been right there to see the show.
    I started reading eat, pray, love, but never finished it, not really sure why not, but I think I got lost in the pray part and just necver got to the love part. Did I miss anything? Should I go back and finish it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I always get a thrill when I see nature up close!!
    As for the movie/book....I haven`t read it or seen it yet, but from what I have heard of it I am quite afraid TO watch it. It sounds like I may just want to follow ``her lead``, leave all the ``stuff`` I don`t want and things I have to deal with...and go live just for ME.
    I`m not sure if living for one`s self brings true peace/contentment/ happiness.
    As hard as it is some days...i truly believe we are here to serve those around us....
    Interesting views on it!
    (And I do like the passage from the book you quoted...:)

    Happy Holidaying....and may you see more of God`s Creation close-up:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Those photos are JUST AMAZING!! I love love love that photo of you too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow...what stunning pics..and such an awesome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is that not am amazing sight to see....and to be able to photography it and sooooo well...

    I read the book and now am looking forward to the movie..Julia Roberts plays the main lead...
    I am very open to other's points of view when it come to belief systems...so found the book enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow to that whales! I would have LOVED that! Sooooooo sweet - I remember once watching the penguins being fed at the CT aquarium & 2 were chasing each other around & hiding - there is nothing so cute as watching animals so relaxed & happy. I often just enjoy watching my 3 cats play-fighting each other & lolling about in the sun - what a joyous life they lead with no worries about anything! On the book - thanks for that -didn't realise it was a true story. What appealed was the writing style. I can't stand all that new Afgey "all roads lead to God" - making up your own faith - nonsense so it definitely won't lead me astray - may just irritate me LOL. You are looking in 7th heaven there my dear ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely pics as always,Lynette! what a wonderful show of nature to enjoy on your holiday! awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there!! You are looking so well in this photo - glad you are getting the time to relax after such a stressful year!!! And thanks for the info on Eat,Pray,Love was thinking of buying it but had the feeling it was a bit new age so going to steer clear ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky you got to see that, God's creatures at play...awesome. You look so relaxed too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that was a spectacular show! Just stunning.

    To an extent I agree about EPL - I loved the book, but as fiction, a story, not a philosophy or a how to live handbook. It's her journey, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You looked very relaxed in that comfy chair. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥