Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Gift


As we walk our path of life,  
We meet people everyday. 
Most are simply met by chance. 
But, some are sent our way.
These become special friends
Whose bond we can't explain;

The ones who understand us
And share our joy and pain.
Their love contains no boundaries.
So, even when we are apart.
Their presence enhances us
With a warmth felt in the heart.

This love becomes a passageway,
When even the miles disappear.
And so, these friends, God sends our way,
Remain forever near.

The value of true friendship is priceless. Nothing can compare or ever replace the genuine, caring connection between people who not only understand, but want only the very best of all things in life for the other. It is a gift, it is a treasure.  A deep sustaining, timeless friendship is rare and at times can feel difficult to find, maintain, or believe in. Through the years I believed that I had many true friends...then somebody asked me this simple question a few years ago:  "If you need somebody for whatever reason, who could you trust to drop everything and be there for you."  I was stumped, of my large circle of friends, I could think of only two people.

Over the past two years I have blogged and shared my life...in the process I have met the most amazing people....people who said they are praying for me...and there is no question that they are.  This year has been  the hardest year of my life.  When Wynand became sick in January...I thought this is IT...nothing in my life can top this.  Many of you were there for me...praying and encouraging and through this all you have become more REAL to me than many of my IRL friends. Then Kobus Jr's marriage fell apart and we were back on the roller coaster of emotions.  We barely had time to recover when Bianca disappeared into the night and we had no idea where she was.  There were days that just passed in a haze...I lost time...just sitting.  I remember how many times my phone rang...and I did not have the courage to answer, it took all my strength to stay "together" and talking could unravel all my seams yet again.  What has kept us strong is the knowledge that the Lord will never give us more than what we can handle...and that He works all things to the good of those who love Him.  


Our cell group has become a rock for us.  During all our years in small groups...this must be the most dynamic, caring group of friends that we have had the privilege to have as part of our lives.  We could be ourselves and share ANYTHING...the good, the bad and the ugly.  Nobody every judges, each of them have  their own unique set of difficult circumstances...and a shared burden is always a lighter burden.

So here I am...and I am saying to many of you...thank you for becoming my friend.  Thank you for the prayers and encouragement that I have come to rely on. Thank you that I can know that many of you are just a phone call away.  I am seeing a light at the end of the very dark tunnel we have been walking through this year...and it is not a train;-D

17 comments:

  1. You sound like an amazing woman with a strong foundation of friends! That is WONDERFUL and what we all need! :):):):):):):):):):):):) You have had a hard year...and that was me last year and this year too.....we are lucky to have friends to help us through it!! I will have you in my prayers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a wonderful person to have on the other side of this thing we call friendship, blessing us in turn and enriching our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUr God is an awesome God and he is seeing through as promised. SO glad things are starting to look up and so glad you have made so many awesome friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman, Lynette:-)
    thank God that I know you through this thing called the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would we do without supporting friends....
    you are always there for others..I'm happy that others were there for you!!!

    I prayed and cried!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a lovely post, I never cease to be amazed how this magical medium of blogging allows woman to transend distance and cross continents to form heart connections that bring us all strength.

    Thank you for being my blog buddie!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad things are turning the corner for you and your family. 2010 has indeed been a strange year, one I never foresaw as turning out as it has done so far. And you're right, God doesn't give us anything that he doesn't think he can handle. And we need to trust Him. And ourselves.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad things are looking better!

    While we have never met, you are often in my thoughts and prayers.
    Your family, friends and us in the blog world are very fortunate to have in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post Lynette. I 100%completely believe that God puts people in our life at certain times to help us with our situations. This happened to me in Georgia when I had no one. I was all alone with a newborn baby. God placed the most amazing women in my life at that time in the most amazing way. They helped me in so many ways and in so many different areas of my life. It was truly a blessing, just as you have experienced. Take Care :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friends are the greatest! :D
    We can't do it (anything) without their support and sometimes just being with us and praying for us!
    Thanks for sharing with us, your virtual friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. {{{{{{big giant hugs}}}}}}} I love being your bloging buddy. Who would have thought that we could find such a connections thousands of miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You as a person and your blog,touched and inspired me so many times,thanks to you too:)i am glad that i am one of your friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post....It made me think and then realize just how blessed we are for having those incredible people in our lives...it's like God made them especially for us to help us through.
    Thank you for the reminder to always be grateful and appreciate friends...
    Hugs to you today,
    dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reminded here to be thankful for the few friends i have ... and yes they are placed in our lives for a reason :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well no wonder you have been on my heart this year!! Blessings to you and thanks for the reminder of friends today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Lynette - my "special lady in the computer"...
    Can't wait to meet you in the flesh... we will meet x-x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥