Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Instant gratification

I have been wanting to scrap now for weeks...but my life has been so crazy lately that I just can't get myself to sit down and start....and after all these months, I don't know where to start!  I have photos dating back to November last year that need to be scrapped and put into albums.  SO OVERWHELMING!  So I did the next best thing...some pretty cards.  These cards were bought in a kit from The Scrappy Gourmet and are designed by Melissa Phillips.
I loved making them. This is better therapy than retail therapy...really;-D
The pink flower on this one is made from the same pink ribbon as in the photo second from the top.

This white flower is made with a piece of scrap material and pulled together into a rosette.  The paper used in this kit is all 7 Gypsy's Victoria Paper.

Years ago my DH bought me a Pfaff creative sewing machine.  At that point in time I made all our clothes...right down to underwear.  This weekend I pulled out the sewing machine and stitched these cards...that is all the sewing machine is being used for these days.
We had a quiet weekend with Kobus Jr. and the grand babies.  Just what I needed...time to rest and be creative.  Now...to tackle those photos!

Thank you for looking.

xx

28 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! That is amazing to me! (I don't know if I could ever master such a feat...mine would look like kindergarten cards!:)
    You do beautiful work!!!!!!!!!
    Happy week ahead to you,
    dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lynette, they are BEAUTIFUL!!
    Stunning and so very pretty.
    you did a perfect job and I am glad you got some creativity done!!
    ok, go do some more!!waiting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your cards are AMAZING! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you doing something crafty again. Maybe next you'll tackle a LO with some of those cute grandkids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are Beautiful!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my !!! those are just beautifully finished all of them ! that stitching is just the perfect touch !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Lynette. So pretty and feminine. Glad the creativity is slowly returning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are beautiful. I still have my stunning card you gave me on the wall at the office and look at it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job! You've ticked a creative brain cell here...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, they are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. one word... Amazing! u r very creative, Lynette,..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all so pretty, I love them. Great job with the ribbon flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE seeing your cards, Lynette! That butterfly is gorgeous. And how did you make those ribbon and fabric flowers. So pretty!
    You've inspired me to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are beautiful cards! Clever lady x-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just lovely Lynette!
    And glad you have found a way to rest inside, and lose yourself in creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to return here & see that you are making beautiful things again. I know what you mean about the scrapping - I have had so many disruptions in my life over the years that I have gaps to fill all over the place & it is overwhelming. There is nothing you can do except begin. I have a printing frenzy every so often then put the prints in a plastic tray next to my scrappy desk & start matching up & going for it. I think you'll be back to it soon ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really really STUNNING cards....when I see them I am tempted to start, but think I may sit down till the feeling goes away as space, well space is an issue ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I love these cards! I just cannot even pick a favorite. Lovely lovely lovely...make some more to share pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are exquisite. They make me happy just looking at them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you are a very creative lady gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your cards Lynette!! Their absolutely beautful - so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, stunning cards, each and every one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are so so lovely to look @ Lynette :) !

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful cards!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning cards Lynette and the stitching is done so professionally by an expert I would say.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥