Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Ramble on.... (12 on 12th)

I know it is a bit late for my 12 photo's on the 12th.  (a new photo challenge inspired by Marcelle).  But here goes anyway.

Despite hitting a low place last weekend we decided to push through and organise a surprise 50th birthday party for a dear friend and cell group member.  Amazing how you find strength to do these things when you are emotionally spent...maybe it is a good thing because that way you are able to divert your attention to other things.  Anyhoo...Saturday morning we were surprised to find that it is a beautiful day, despite warnings of cold fronts etc.  The perfect day and evening for a party to be held under the lapa.
We cleaned up outside and got all the seating organised...
A yummy Greek chocolate mousse cake!
...a lamb on the spit...and all that was missing was the 30 odd people that was invited.
 No post will be complete without a photo of one of my treasures.(I need 12 pics)
Some of the guests...they played along beautifully and parked a block away from our home.
...all his closest and nearest and dearest friends.
The birthday boy, his wife and children.  When he and his wife arrived at our home,we put off all the lights and met them at the outer door.  There was not a car in sight and they were anticipating a quiet, intimate supper with just the two of them and the two of us.  The moment he walked through the front door...the lights went on and the look on his face was priceless...totally speechless...and for a lawyer that is something;-D
A cuddle from little Lukas.
Just in case you don't know...that is 50 candles on that cake....
...and they did not want to be put out....
...yup...it took three people to put out the fire;-D

A very successful and enjoyable evening...

For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philipians 4:11-13 NIV 
xx

20 comments:

  1. Firstly its great that you decided to join in this fun...anything to make us pick up our camera's and shoot.

    Great surprise 50th birthday party for your friend.

    Yes, next time show snippets from your day...and all photo's must be shot by YOU only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you are always able to smile! You are resilient!
    Looks like a great party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that Christians are a resilient people ! Amen to that !!! ;) & what a gracious hostess you are , in spite of everything .....

    Lamentations 3:22-23 (New International Version)

    22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.

    23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice 50th birthday.. do u know.. this year i will be 50 too! my friend and i are planning to hold our 50th birthday together, she is just one day younger than me.. something to remember by.. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing....great to be involved in another photographic challenge - they are starting to take over my life lol
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great party! How blessed is he to have friends like you!

    We had a mini celebration here this weekend as well. Lots of fun times.

    I love that verse, one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup...if you read this comments...you will notice I shared a tad too much and deleted it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well this seems like one successfull party!! that lamb looks devine!! beautiful lynette!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy yummy.

    Am sure a superb time was had by all. Good on you for organising. And yes, i did wonder about the deleting.

    I was going to participate but sat was spent at home, under the blankets out of the cold - not much to photograph there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks and sounds like a wonderful party you had there..I love the pictures of your yard, that's gorgeous and that tree in the middle, what is that?
    I love the cake especially the reflections on it, I think that's really cool.. Wow, that roast lamb looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely photo post Lynette - looks like a great time was had by all & you gave your friend a fantastic & memorable birthday. Amazingly we have it in us to just keep giving, even when we feel totally spent. Praise the Lord for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome party! That was so thoughtful and kind of you and a memory he and his friends and family will treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey its like I have been invited by this birthday party too - love all your photos and they make me feel I was with you all...
    Love them and looking forward for next month :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great party ! Well done! I am for sure doing it next time around but my Saturday was all but photographic.

    Love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. shoo - catering for all those people!! my head spins at just the thought! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!
    Have missed reading your blog, I am glad to say, all is back on track and we are online again so no long breaks for a while i hope.
    I just want to tell you that you are an inspirational woman to me, I know I have said it before, but wanted to say it again.
    Thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pics Lynette! You are an amazingly wonderful, giving woman! I hope this was good therapy for you! Much love and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful birthday celebration Lynette!! love your photos!! and the verse is amazing, I should write it on my forehead right now, thanks for sharing.
    God Bless
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a Great Birthday Party you Host!!!!! Thanks for sharing all these amazing pictures!!! They make me want to make a party just because!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE that sweet picture of Lukas!! Ok, so is the guy in the red shirt (6th picture down) related to your husband? They look alike!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥