Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesdays musings

There is serious advantages of getting a good nights sleep...you wake up refreshed and you are ready to admire the beauty of a sunrise...taken from my bedroom window this morning...God sure is the most fantastic artist.

That brings me to the next thing....It has been a week since I started taking supplements.  I feel an improvement in my overall health which can be chalked down to a few things other than the supplements:
  • I now no longer skip breakfast because I can't take the supplements on an empty stomach.
  • I try (very hard really) to drink only one cup of coffee during the day and only rooibos tea or camomile tea the rest of the day and in the evening.  In the past my energy levels were at such a low that I crashed in the afternoon and topped up on coffee to keep going.
  • My improved eating program is giving me sustained energy and I could go back to my usual exercise routine without fear of losing more weight.
  • The best part is that the Melatonin and Herbal Sleep that I take in the evening at around 8 o'clock has me in bed by 10 and I sleep deeply and wake up refreshed at about 6 o' clock in the morning.
  • Sleeping better has a knock on affect...I don't wake up feeling hit by a bus...my muscles are still stiff in the morning, but I can now easily turn my neck from side to side without pain.  Now I know why they use sleep deprivation as a torture tactic.
  • I cut the fibromyalgia medication (which just relieves a bit of the symptoms) by a quarter two days ago...and all is well;-)

Some inspiration for this day:  Isa 40:31  But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

xx

17 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better. I have just done a bit of supplements and are also feeling a bit better. But sleep, yes, it's still going to be a while.

    I guess if she is downloading pics of her kids, it's not that bad, but really ironic how she is now interested.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is quite amazing the difference a good night's sleep makes - last night I had my first i about 10 days and today i feel like i can conquer the world (or the kitchen & orders i should say!)

    Beautiful picture.

    Be interesting to see if she continues to read after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post!
    A good night sleep is the best medicine!
    Glad you're feeling better.
    Big hugs!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better,already!!
    Beautiful picture, what do you use for editing?
    Keep on going!! You are doing great!!
    Thanks for putting up some positiveness on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sus,
    YOur photos are so beautiful, that I'm not surprized that she's downloading them. I know that if you were posting beautiful photos of my kids, I would have a look at your blog ever so often and download them as well - whether you and I are talking or not! I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was you - what she's doing is quite true to human nature and she'll move on eventually.
    If you do privatise - I love popping to your blog and looking at the photos of your grandchildren as well - so you'd have to add me. :-)

    I am very glad that you are feeling so much better.

    Lots of love,
    Herlien

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I would also want to download pics of my children....I copy pictures of my grandchildren from my DIL's Facebook as well as other sites she puts them on as I too want them.
    I also know from getting divorced 2x myself that there are two sides to every story/situation. I never expected my inlaws to understand mine, they automatically took their son's side and that I respect...but its taught me so much having been there myself.

    Am pleased the medication is working for you and making your feel so much better....I am still on 2 cups of coffee a day and then rooibos tea that I can buy here...with caramel and Vanilla...very nice considering I never drank rooibos tea till a few months ago, I hated the smell...weird hey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came back to thank you for that lovely inspiration for my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I read your blog yesterday I thought it might be her. How hard it must be for you and for her that she thinks she can't ask her childrens grandmother for the beautiful pictures you take. Try to love her in spite of everything, that what our Father wants us to do. Believe me, I know how hard that is sometimes. Maybe its good for her to see her kids happy, smiling faces.
    So very happy to hear youare sleeping and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the catch-up.
    I would download pics of my kids too, in fact I often do when their friends post tagged pictures of them on FB.
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear you are doing well! If I could keep my little birdies out of my bed at night, I might be able to get some good rest too!! :) They are good snugglers though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the health medicine is working...yay!!
    If you know the IP address, can't you block her?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Their is nothing like a good nights sleep - Melatonin definately works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling so much better after just a week. Love your sunrise pic too... God is wonderful. Lots of cyber love from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can you tell what's been downloaded from you blog? Didn't know one could do that! Sounds pretty harmless to me and if you go private you might miss out on an opportunity to make friends with great girls that might find your blog incidentally. I'd say it's not worth it.

    I'm soooo glad you're feeling better - I might just have to follow some of your advise myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to know that you have been feeling better. A good's night rest is crucial to our composition the next day. I've heard melotonin works well--thanks for reminding me of that. I may go get some as my mind races a lot at night and it is hard for me to go to sleep sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Supplements are great! I am also permanently on prescription meds for stress. I don't sleep well when I am stressed and they definitely take the edge of. And then of course the rest of the supplements work well too. Unfortunately sometimes you have to stop taking them to realise just how well they actually work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are following a healthy eating plan. Me and hubby have been on a healthy structured eating plan for more than a year now and we are just reaping the benefits health wise. Keep it up.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥