Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Macho men!

This past weekend we had the most perfect weather, would never have imagined that you could have "beach weather" at the end of May.  Warm sunny days and NO wind...which is rare for Port Elizabeth.  When we woke yesterday morning I suggested we take the little ones to the beach before it gets too hot...so off we went to our favourite beach, Sardinia Bay.

Sardinia Bay is one of the most unspoiled beaches in our area and allows dogs and horse riding on the beach...it is also the closest beach to our home.  During the past year a large dune started invading the road that leads to the parking area on the beach front...so now we have to climb a very high dune and then down the about 80 meters on the other side before you get to the beach.  Only 4x4 vehicles can still access the main parking area.  I have to ask you....Why, o why, do men have to be so blimming macho?

When we got to the beach, DH says to Kobus Jr.  "I am sure you will get through...go for it!"  I say "NO, don't be silly, you will not get through and if you get stuck I don't know you!"

Do you think for one moment that they would listen to "the voice of reason".  Of course NOT...they are men...they have a point to prove...yeah right!

So Bianca, Leane and I climbed the dune and sat looking down on the beach....faaaaarrrrr below!  Still trying to get the courage for the down side of the dune.  Remember...going down is easy, but you have to come right back up.

 Leane loved it and was running and playing in the sand.
...the dear macho men were figuring a way out of their predicament...
...she was having so much fun that a filming crew who is making a documentary took some footage of her...so sorry I did not get a shot of them filming her...but I did not want to look "verskrik";-D
...they were getting more and more stuck by the minute...and I was pretending not to know them...
Bianca went down to the water with the little one.
Here you see her climbing the dune for the third time.
...and the men were also playing in the sand....
It was getting hot...and you can only spend so much time on a dune on a sunny and warm day.

Fortunately for the macho men in my life, an owner of a Land cruiser came to their rescue with a thick rope and pulled them free...just in time for them to take us home...what a lovely day on the beach;-D

xxx


24 comments:

  1. stunning photo's ...you really have a good eye with your camera...

    LOL, was I laughing at the macho men...so very typical...I would have loved saying this to them * TOLD YOU SO *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you talking about the men in my life, or the men in yours? This sounds so familiar. LOL
    Beautiful pictures. Can't believe how big she is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha!!!!!!

    I can only say....VIVA LAND CRUISERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post, the story and the way you switched from Leane to the men and back. Totally cracked me up.
    Funny the men in my life also don't listen to the voice of reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo's!
    Ha-ha post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! this is funny..Macho man! Beautiful photos. Leane sure looks likes she was having lots of fun playing in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ! never seen sand dunes before in my life ! clever women you all are ! lol

    no comments on the macho men !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudo's to you for not singing the "I told you so" song in a loud and operatic voice! I have to say though...TYPICAL BLERRIE MEN!!! Commenting here using my gmail account since you don't allow Name/URL entries (sob) it's Ness from Drovers Run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe....it's still beautiful weather here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pictures! :)
    Lovely and peaceful moments!
    Thanks for sharing, Lynette!!
    Hope you have a great week ahead!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lynette -I had such a laugh about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, can i bring a quad bike when I come visit?

    fab post, really made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This had me smiling, loved the "us" and "them" take on the story. Beautiful photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    Love this post - so cleverly done. Boys will be boys :-) Especially if Daddy's the one encouraging them!!

    Love
    Herlien

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Marci and Ness - I did not need to say anything...just gave them the eye;-D

    BTW welcome to my humble little blog Ness and Karin.

    @Mel...bring your quad bike...they will probably ban us from the beach for life...but it will get us into the parking area.

    You girls should have seen the two of them when we got home...they both passed out on a couch each...and remained that way for the rest of the day..."gedaan"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rolling my eyes here about the men! Typical boys huh?! The beach looks amazing, fantastic pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, too funny! Maybe they learned their lesson? I could never get enough of your beach pictures, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a funny story! I'm glad they got out of the sand. Leanne must have had a good nap that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such typical man behaviour - don't they always know best?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny! at least you got lots of great photos so the day wasn't a total bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the photo journalism here ... so funny, the macho men!
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds so familiar, Lynette, hahaha!!
    Stunning photos, and what a stickin' cutie!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome post, have the macho men recovered...

    ReplyDelete
  24. That beach looks absolutely beautiful Lynette! Idyllic!! Maybe you should write to the council to relocate that dune with an earthmover?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥