Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

A quiet Holy weekend

We have had a very quiet weekend.  Kobus Jr. left for Oudtshoorn and the KKNK on Friday.  Friday we celebrated Easter Friday and then went for a long walk on the beach at Sardinia Bay. It was the perfect day, bright blue skies and NO WIND (unusual for our windy city).  I just love this unspoiled beach that still allows you to bring your dogs or go for a horse ride on the beach.  The only thing is... you get a lot of exercise, nature keeps the dunes shifting and the dune has now totally blocked off the road to the beach parking area. To get to the beach you have to climb a steep dune...and the going down is easy...but coming back is a very different story:)
Just beautiful
We sat for a long time just staring at the sea and enjoy the warmth of the sun on our bodies...then we got the courage up to climb down the dune.
The old woman and the sea:)
Some horse riders.
At the moment we have a visiting British lady called Jean Neill, who was cured from spinal problems and 25 years in a wheelchair.  She has a healing ministry and on Friday a team of 20 people met with her to pray for Wynand.  The wonderful thing was that the prophetic words spoken over him was confirmation of what was spoken earlier this year.  It was an incredibly uplifting time for Wynand and Nadia and they came away strengthened in their walk with the Lord.

On Saturday we drove through to Jeffreys Bay and had lunch there.  Wynand shared his heart with us and it deeply moved us.  He said that if it meant that the Lord had to take his vision away so that he could see Him clearly, it would be worth while.  He believes that once he sees the Lord clearly his vision would be restored. His feelings are that the things that was so important to him, cellphone, computer and all the things you do that you need your eyes for, these things have been taken away from his so that he can focus on the Lord.  He spoke of how he experienced just how much the Lord loves him, how everyday he learns to walk closer to the Lord.  He totally believes that the Lord is in control and that he will remain in Him, trusting Him and believing in His promises.    He has made peace with his situation, the Lord must have his will in his life.

Yesterday's piece in My Utmost just fit in perfectly.  "Have we been scattered and have we left Jesus alone by not seeing His providential care for us?  Do we not see God at work in our circumstances?  Dark times are allowed and come to us through the sovereignty of God.  Are we prepared to let God do what He wants with us? Are we prepared to be separated from the outward, evident blessings of God?  Until Jesus Christ is truly our Lord, we each have goals of our own which we serve.  Our faith is real, but it is not yet permanent.  And God is never in a hurry.  If w4e are willing to wait, we will see God pointing out that we have been interested only in His blessings, instead of in God Himself. John 16:33"...be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  If we are not focused on Him we will be "scattered into emptiness".  Let God use the darkness to direct us.  Be patient and wait on the Lord.  When we are taken into the abyss of trouble and tumult, look for God's hand and respond accordingly.  Don't be anxious or in a hurry.  This is most likely a growing process.

xx

29 comments:

  1. Oh Lynette, you brought back such good childhood memories of Sardinia Bay. Beautiful pics!

    I have been thinkig a lot about your family his weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers do work.. we need Him in our lives each day...
    by the way, I m Claire.. nice coming by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always a reason why it happens.. we do not know what or why.. but I know that God's reasons will turn out to be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true...i know from experience!
    but to be inside of God's best plan for me, is the only place I want to ever be.(it might not always be the easy, comfortable way I'd prefer)...
    beautiful pics, isn't God (and His creation) awesome??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh , Lynette what serene and beautiful photos! The kind I like.
    Thanks for sharing them. We all should be focused on Him!!Thanks for reminding this!:)
    Blessings
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo's of the beach and you are FAR from an old lady...you look incredible sitting on that rock.

    Lynette, I can relate to what your son says about his eye sight...when I lost mine and balance - my world was in a bubble, I too said I would accept this if it was to teach me to life a more fulfilled and spiritual life, to be more grateful and happy, instead of complaining about my life..
    Its a very wise statement he said to you...You I know believe that all will be okay, never give up hope or belief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos... and I am so pleased that Wynand has found a level of acceptance,and an understanding of his situation. His faith, like yours, is amazing. Keeping you in my prayers for that miracle x-x
    PS - I still want to see a pic of you in your scrap booking diva vest x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow all I ever have to do is look at your pics and I feel like Im on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still praying for your family, so sorry to hear about Wynand vision.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pics Lynette. Phew on everything else. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still praying and thanking Him for the miracle.
    Beautiful pictures, wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believed that God will not allow something that we can't handle. He just want's us to have faith on him, trust him and let him do the work. And that is exactly what your son is doing. I admired his faith.
    I love your photos, such a great captures..and oh, what old lady? I didn't see one.
    Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there
    Catching up.
    Sjoe, Wynand is seeing stuff very clearly.
    Not sure that I would be so brave though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like these 4 days have brought peace, clarity and a renewed sense of purpose for all of you. For this I am truly thankful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pictures. The beach is my favorite place and that one looks amazing! So encouraging to hear what your son said about his situation! Still praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Lynette that beach looks idyllic! So glad to hear that both Wynand & yourself have some peace over the circumstances. It's true that we never like or understand these uncomfortable things that happen in our lives but often they are the things that bring about the real change ultimately for our benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing ... your words never fail to send a reminder to me to focus on the Almighty. pls know you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers... Beautiful Beach by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful beach! stunning photos!
    What a lovely way to spend the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos!
    Bear regards,

    Beertje Zonn
    Bear from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynette, that is such an inspirational scripture. Too often we expect only good things to happen to us as Christians but pure gold is refined by going through fire and we will not gain strength without testing times.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photos are breathtaking
    But not as breathtaking as your son's attitude.

    I wonder if he realises how much God is glorified in the way your family is handling this time of extreme pressure?

    I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are amazing! I can only imagine the peace and relaxation you felt during your visit to the beach.

    I always love reading your posts--they are so heartfelt and soul-reaching. Thank you for opening up so much of your life to share.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by to see how you are! You and your family are my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is simply amazing, to be on a beach like that... I love your photos they almost take you there as if we were!!!

    I am praying for you.
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos Lynette. I am sure that the break was good for you and I hope that you were filled with the peace that surrounded you.
    Old Lady......what old lady? from where I am sitting I can see a 20 something year old girl.
    As for Wynard, I only hope that I have the strength to handle a tough challenge like he is doing.
    Hugs, Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh DH is sitting at my fav Sardinia bay spot! Saturday I will be there - come rain, shine or wind! I had my biggest horse fall ever returning from Saards to the stable trying to outrun a sudden storm.

    Wynand's words shows incredible strength and courage. You must be so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful photos, beautiful places and beautiful moment. i like it. my blogs day visit asia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥