Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random thoughts



This is the view from my room this morning....it is raining!!!!!....and has been since last night.  I don't feel like going to work and decided I need some "me" time.

I am really struggling at the moment with putting my feelings and emotions into words. So I am going to use a a Female to Female challenge that I recently saw on Shayne's blog.

I am bone tired.  I get enough sleep but I still wake up feeling as if I have been hit by a truck.  My eyes are burning and I wish I can go and walk next to the beach and just have a good cry.
I love coffee and cuddles in the morning.
I taste coffee.  It has become my staple food and keeps me going;-)
I believe that the Lord is true to His word.
I hope that I will have a semblance of normality in my life soon, some calm waters would be lovely after all the recent storms.
I wish and pray for a creative miracle for Wynand.

Wynand and Lukas.

I laugh too little. Maybe I should have the little ones over more often...they always manage to make me laugh. Over the weekend Leane discovered my decorative scissors.  It is kept in a little tub.  This little tub went everywhere with her, even slept with her.  On Sunday when her daddy took her home, she brought me some plastic discs she picked up and gave it to me in exchange for the scissors.  Clever little girl, already knows how to barter.
I feel sad when I bump into friends and they tell me that they haven't phoned me because they don't know what to say to me. (now that is making me cry)  Freak, they don't need to say anything...just hold my hand and be there.
I dream never during sleep...but I have the most wonderful daydreams.
I smell the freshness of rain on the grass and soil.  Nothing could smell nicer.
I fear ...I can't afford to have fear in my life right now...then my whole world will collapse around me. This morning Wynand (in a panic)  phoned to tell me that it feels as if his vision is getting worse...I had to tell him not to stress about it, it will improve. When I put the phone down it hit me... that I have no option but to be strong, to keep encouraging, to keep praying, to keep trusting. 2Ti 1:7  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
I am thankful that Wynand is married to such a joyful girl.  Yesterday he was so tired of being indoors that she took him on an outing to a mall.  His sight is so bad that he bumped into a few people and he got tired quickly...so she got a wheel chair from the center management and off they zipped.  

xx

20 comments:

  1. Ag Lynette, daar is nie woorde nie, maar ek stuur vir jou baie gebede en 'n drukkie net omdat jy dit so nodig het.
    In my lewe het ek geleer dat God se tyd altyd perfek is. Die wonderwerk GAAN kom, dit weet ek beslis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding your hand through the ether, Lynette:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my hand friend. Nadia sounds amazing.

    And so glad about the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also here holding your hand Lynette....
    Its out of fear that people stay away...fear is a terrible thing.

    My heart goes out to your son, he is in such a terrible space right now - I lost part of my vision and know its a horrible place to be, I told my hubby I could not live in a world like the one I found myself in...so in a very very small way I understand your boy.
    I send him love and light...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cried when you got to the part about Nadia. a mother wishes many things for her son - but to have a wonderful and cheerful wife. wow dit is 'n groot blessing. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lynette,thank you very much for sharinh your deep with us. I am here too, just to be with you and pray together.
    I want to give you this:

    "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

    When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

    For I am the LORD, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
    I give Egypt for your ransom,
    Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

    Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
    and because I love you,
    I will give men in exchange for you,
    and people in exchange for your life.

    Do not be afraid, for I am with you" (Isayah 43:1-5 NIV)

    Hugs, Svitlana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynette, have not been here this week. had to catch up with your blog, you are such a great mother, even though you are going through a bad time at the moment, you still seem to inspire so many other people.thank you so much!xx we all love you for that and my prayers and love go out to YOU!
    have a BLESSED Easter!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cards are beautiful
    we also have rain today, first time in months
    keep your eyes on Him for strength, Lynette
    your blogs are always inspirational, and I'm afraid my coping skills pale by comparison to yours
    just so thankful He is Lord of my life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear friend - this is such a very moving post.
    The rest of my comment I have sent you via sms message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter and I just read that verse from 2Timothy yesterday. I love it. Hold onto it!

    Daydreams can be the best! You don't have to wake up.

    And the rain...I think God is crying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love the rain! Having a good cup of coffee and the rain is great!!!

    Try to rest some more is always good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nadia is so cute! That is really sweet of her...I know this might sound corny but I think you should try to up your fruit & vegies & lower your caffeine intake. The diet I'm on is making me do that & I feel 10 years younger this year because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its good that the rain has arrived. It cleans and rejuvenates everything. I wish I had words of wisdom for you to ease your pain but I, like so many, am walking by your side through this challenge.
    Love your cards, they are so inspirational.
    Hugs, Irene xx
    p.s. thank you for the love you have left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a touching post, Lynette!Love the cards:)
    and I like the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette , I hope you will be blessed by this song today :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXjBIkwXBY

    Thank God always when we hear your faith resounding !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Despite my heart aching for you, I always leave your blog feeling inspired in some way. ou inspire me with your honesty and your strenght and your blogging friends bless me with their words as much as I know it blesses you. May the rain be a signal of God's hope - always hold on to that my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynette - I have been absent in the blog world for some time, so forgive me for not being "out there" for you!
    I am sorry for your stress and worry, my friend. Use your faith as a crutch in this difficuilt time. I am here if you need an ear... ((((Hugs))) dear friend x-x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hold your hand Lynette and I feel your pain but at the same time I feel the Lord holding your back and wispering I love you my little girl I am with you and I will be all the way to the end...
    God bless.
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to wish you and your family
    Many Easter Blessings and have you a great Easter!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥