Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I am grateful for.....

These are two of the cards I made on the Saturday before Wynand became sick.  The past week I have again realised the value of true friends.  I want to thank each and every one of you that have been praying for Wynand's recovery. ( I am currently playing with the idea of opening an Etsy shop to sell my cards.)

I am so grateful for...
  • The many people all over the world that is constantly in prayer for Wynand.
  • The love that I see among my two boys...they are not afraid or ashamed to tell each other "I love you"
  • The ability to create a sanctuary for my children.  Last night was the first time in many years that we had all our chicks and their chicks under our roof.
  • That my body has gone onto auto pilot. I find myself dragging my body through each day, totally exhausted.
  • That slowly each day, Wynand's pain is getting less.
  • I received a text message from Wynand....it must have taken him hours to do..."Ek is so baie lief vir julle, julle is die beste ouers wat 'n mens kry."  I can't tell you how much I cried when I received it.
  • That I know that the Lord is our "stronghold of hope" and that He is in control.
On Monday night we were sitting in front of the Knysna hospital, praying and crying and watching the sun set.
As long as she is near him, he is at peace.  She has made a decision to live life one day at the time...thinking of the future is just to scary.
I am thankful that he is home and that we can keep his surroundings dark...in the hospital he suffered with the bright lights.  In the moments that he is awake and without pain, his frustration with his inability to focus is heart breaking.  We are trusting that once the pain is less, and the pressure in his brain is gone, that his vision will slowly start returning.

I love you all, thank you for your support.

xx

22 comments:

  1. This post just made me cry. Lynette, you are just as wonderful a friend - that is why your friends are there for you. You get what you give remember?

    He is getting better - day by day is all anyone can do.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great to KNOW that God knows it all, and feels it with us....
    beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes are filled with tears as I type this. Not only because I can (almost) feel your pain as a mom seeing her "baby" suffer, but also because I know that our God is good and I just know that something wonderful will be born from all this suffering! I will continue to pray for all of you Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely.

    I have tears in my eyes! I am continuing to pray for all of you. Take care of yourself Lynette! All my best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest Lynette,

    I am so sorry to hear that Wynand and all of you are going through SO MUCH. All of you are in my prayers.

    Wynand is so lucky to have all of you and GOD KNOWS BEST in that all these will end... BLESS is Wynand that he is ALIVE and with HIS WIFE and everyone else around him, GOD is TESTING only those HE CHOSE and before any relief, things tend to get worse.

    COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, Lynette...
    You are not punish nor Wynand... just CHOSEN and LOVED.

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette, You always touch me with your beautiful words!

    I'm very glad to know you! And you always open my eyes!

    I keep praying for you, Wynand and your beautiful family!

    Hope he recover soon and this becomes only a memory that keep you all together and stronger.

    God Bless.
    Darien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards lynette!
    so happy for you that your boy is getting better!
    thank you so much for sharing all of this and including your wise words. you are very special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette

    I have just returned from another awesome Sat church service here when I saw your latest comment . ;)

    I couldn't help finding out the translation of Wynand's text messahe & I feel so proud for you & your family that during a time like this you all know, that you know , that you know -- what a blessed family you have !!! this blesses us all to know that too ! believe you me !

    Our sermon message today was so relevant & on the subject of faith - & I'm just want to share a little from it here :

    God's phone number is certainly not 999, or 911 but ...........33,3
    ie Jer 33:3

    Jeremiah 33:3 (New International Version)

    3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God... take care... your son will be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still praying for all of you....

    Sending you lots of hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post is wonderful and we are still praying for all of you. God is good and good will come from this.
    Your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette my heart goes out to you. Please read Jer 29:11.

    I will also ask my mom to put Wynand and you all on her prayer group list. She has a nearly 90yr old friend who is a intercessor of note and I will also ask her to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. O genade! Ek was vir 'n week op 'n skoolkamp en jou blog is die eerste een waar ek kom lees het. Wat ook al gebeur het, ek is so jammer ek was nie hier om dadelik vir hom in te tree nie, maar doen dit nou onmiddelik! Dink ann jou en jou hele familie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynette,

    I popped over to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and ......then I read your posts.
    My heart goes out to you and my prayes are with you. Do you have any idea what an AMAZING woman you are ?????

    Sorry I have not left comments here of late. My computer has finally given up the ghost and I can only leave comments when I can borrow DH's laptop. Can't wait for my new one to arrive.

    Love and Hugs,
    Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lynette, last night as I was awake in the early morning hours, my prayers turned to Wynand and your family. Nadia must be so extremely worried - I can just think what I would feel in her place. Love to you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading about Wynand's pain and the anguish of his mother has brought tears to my eyes again. I'm so glad to hear he is home with his family.

    We have lost two family members this week. I'm a little numb from it. Even though we knew it was coming it still isn't easy to deal with.

    My dad suffered bleeding in his brain a few years ago. The doctors had given up on him. But my mom didn't. He received a special blessing from God and has had a miraculous recovery. I'll be praying for the same with Wynand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards and thank you so much for sharing the above. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynette, please know that you and your precious family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, Lynette, I am sooo sorry about Wynand's pain.
    My prayers go out to him/you/your family and you're always in my thoughts.
    The grace of God will protect you all!
    Blessings!
    (((HUGS)))
    Betty xx

    P.S. So pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. God is in control! Rest in the knowledge that he is looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending you love and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥