Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Just breathe....

This weekend was perfect just to recharge the batteries.  We are presently experiencing incredibly high temperatures and as you know we have a drought in the Eastern Cape...so I can literally see the lawn and plants at our house slowly being scorched to death.  Now and then we have the most wonderful cloud formations and it looks like just maybe, it could bring some relief...but it just does not happen.  At present we are restricted to 500 liters of water per household per day.
We are so privileged to have a pool to cool down in.
My oldest son Kobus Jr. with his two treasures, Dewan and Leane.
Oumie's princess.
Don't you think he is just too gorgeous?
On Saturday evening we had our annual Valentine's ball benefit.  I really was not in the mood, but our whole cell group supported us and it turned out to be a fun evening of lots of laughter and lots of dancing.  I love dancing....("lang-arm" if you please:)  I will post some pics of the ball soon.

Yesterday was another very hot day and we met Wynand, Nadia and Nadia's family at the beach for a picnic.
All very pleasant, until the usual breeze turned into a howling wind...but then that is Port Elizabeth for you.
Little Lukas loved the beach and took all the grown ups for a long walk.
...and now I  am ready to face this new week and all it holds.

"Commit to God whatever burden He has placed on you.  Don't just cast it aside, but put it over unto Him and place yourself there with it.  You will see that your burden is then lightened by the sense of companionship.  But you should never try to separate yourself from your burden". - O. Chambers.

xx

18 comments:

  1. Lynette, if you took these photos, then you have a hidden talent. They are so beautiful.
    I am pleased to hear that you have taken time to recharge, you so needed to do that.
    Here's hoping that this week has a miracle or two in it.
    Hugs, Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PE se strande bly darem maar nog die mooiste en rustigste vir my in SA.
    Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos lynette, glad you took the time to have fun and precious family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lynette .. commit them to the Lord.. you have a great family God blesses u with.. He will carry all of you through...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see you and your family
    enjoying yourselves.
    Have you a great week.
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and precious grandchildren....
    Good luck for this coming week, thoughts and prayers with you still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a good rest and re-charge. Oh I miss PE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see snow out my window and the weather for the next week is calling for below freezing temps for the HIGH! Although you all are scortching in your part of the world, your photos do warm me up a bit.
    Stay cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu guys must be having all our heat. This February has been really great for me. The heat today was only 25C well within my comfort zone.
    Great pics.
    Those cheeks of the little one just makes me want to kiss them.
    Glad you can face the next week.
    I'll be losing my best friend for 10 days...not something I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures!!!!!! Love your pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I can totally relate to the heat issues...dying here too...what cutie babies those are - you have caught some fantastic shots of them there & I'm sure your kids will be grateful for all those lovely piccies. So glad to hear you had such a nice relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also making full use of our pool at the moment. Usually at about 10 o clock at night so I cool down before jumping into bed.

    We have given up on our garden altogether!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette, I havent been up to date on your blog, but I see you are having health issues with your son. I am so sorry to hear this. I will start praying for him & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soo glad to see you and your precious family enjoying yourselves!
    OMG!!! Gorgeou photos! Stickin' cutie baby!
    Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I specially love the pic with you resting your head on the shoulder of your strong tanned man.
    You look so fragile and relaxed and safe there - floating in safe arms.

    Its got an almost prophetic feel.

    You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your photos.. The kids looks gorgeous. The pool, the beach, sounds relaxing. I'm glad you take time to recharge..I need some recharging myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥