Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Still standing

I have been encouraged by many to sit down and write out all the scriptures that we have received since this season of our life started.  Above is a scripture I received this morning from one of our cell group members, with the instruction that we are to go and anoint Wynand with oil and pray the scriptures of God's promise over him.

A lady in our Bible study group gave me this scripture this morning:
Psalms 119:49-50 "Remember Your word to Your servant for You have given me hope.  My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Today the question in our study of Isaiah was: Who is governing your life?  

Despite my despair last night, I know that I have only the Lord to hang on to...He is the One who governs my life.  I am praying that He would be my Jehovah Shalom...the God of Peace...because I am so in need of peace at the moment.


Please forgive me that I have not been visiting your blogs...at present I am just not in a good place.  I am just so incredibly tired that everything seems to be a huge effort.  At the moment I can't face attending the valentine's ball tomorrow. ( Woolworths have organised this as a fundraiser for the Mission.)

xx

14 comments:

  1. its ok Lynette if u r not in the mood to visit our blogs.. i really dont mind and i understand too well.. your words of comfort posted in your blog will give assurance to others who need them as well..
    do rest well too, take care, lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, please take care of yourself and know we (your cyber friends) are here for you despite being many many miles away. I was directed to these two scriptures for you " Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act" Psalms 37:5 and " Our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" Romans 8:18. I know He will make his Face to shine upon you and your family and grant you peace, this is my prayer for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Lynette, there are times when life when I believe that the WORD holds US, rather than our needing to hold on to it.

    I once noticed a young child being carried by its father.
    It must have been afraid of falling because it clung to him desperately, arms wrapped around his neck.
    I noticed the strong arms of the young father firmly holding the child.
    And realised what the child did not.

    That if it, in its weakness, let go, it would remain safe.
    Can you find rest in this thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look after yourself now...dont worry about visiting blogs or trying to be happy....this is a very testing time for your family.
    Thoughts and prayers with you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest in the Lord my friend! We will all still be here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalms 25 is where I have been this week. I have and will contiue to lift all of you up in prayer. It is so kind of you to worry about us but please don't. Sending you lots of cyber hugs.
    {{{{Lynette}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynette, please just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette we love you and we are thinking about you. right now its time for you to just worry about yourself and your family. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette, please take care. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts & prayers... I am thinking of you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu are heavy in our thoughts. Dont you dare worry about our blogs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette - thinking of you constantly. x-x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you lots and lots of love and hugs, I am thinking of you and we will all still be here when you are ready to read the blogs again.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you manage to enjoy the ball despite it all. You are going through such a time of it at the moment - we are all standing with you on this ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry that i have not visited your blog much, been busy with the new baby. Hang in there and rest in HIM, I will say some more prayers for Wynard and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥