Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

He always meets us at our point of need

 
Our Lord never ceases to amaze me.  He always meets us right there were we are.  I am currently doing a Precepts bible study on the book of Isaiah.  I love Isaiah, there is so much prophecy and promise.  This week we are studying Isaiah 7-9.  On Monday night I was so emotionally drained that I did not do my allocated homework for the study.  Tossing and turning all night long, I eventually got up before 5am and started my study.  I was blown away.

The question of the week that Kay Arthur raises is this:  Bad news is not easy to handle, especially when it threatens some aspect of your well-being - your future, your life or your survival.  When it comes, how will you handle it?  Where will you turn?  Then we begin the study of chapter 7 and it starts out with Ahaz the king of Jerusalem (an ungodly king) hears that the kings of Damascus and Samaria are coming to wage war on Jerusalem.  I have taken this out of the Message for easy reading:

"Ahaz and his people were badly shaken.  They shook like trees in the wind.  Then God said to Isaiah, "Go and meet Ahaz and tell him: "Listen, calm down.  Don't be afraid. Don't panic over these two burnt-out cases.  They talk big but there's nothing to them.....it will not happen.  Nothing will come of it....if you don't take your stand in faith, you won't have a leg to stand on."  As it was Ahaz did not put his trust in God but instead in the King of Assyria and devastation followed.   

I believe that this is another confirmation that we must stay calm, not be afraid and put our trust in the Lord.  We must stand and we will see how the Lord fights this battle on our behalf.  If I look at the message of the day in my side bar it gives me peace:  “But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. (Psalm 59:16)
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Lynette! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your work is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette thats wonderful & we sometimes forget to just walk in faith (I do.) I needed this today thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynette, what more can you ask for strength right now? As always, love and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does indeed.

    Your faith will carry you through this my friend and He will be right be your side, holding you up when you can no more.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the faith Lynette, be strong and i am thinking of you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing.
    Your faith is strong, God is strong, you can be weak and know that you are held.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling better now, Lynette.. thanks for coming by and I wish you the same too..take care....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wonderful mother actually took a thick black coki pen and deleted the word 'toeval' from every dictionary in our house. She maintained that there was no such thing, just as God has proven to you through your Bible study.
    Amazing? yes!!! Unbelievable? Not on your life.
    By the way, I will gladly make your invitations for you if I hsve a years notice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Trust in God too.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog! You always make my day.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet lady, i'm so sorry i missed so much here ! i cannot imagine what you are going through ... but i know we can cry out to our God for his mercy for He hears. Wynand and you are in my prayers. and happy belated birthday to you too ! may u stay healthy, strong and always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't amazing how God speaks exactly what we need to hear thru his word?
    He is GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is good! He always comes through for us & blesses beyond measure, even though we are tested at times. You have many fellow believers rooting for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette, my heart aches. Be STRONG and POSITIVE.
    I send you a big (((HUG)))
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photo, with such great inspirational words.
    Wishing you a happy and loving Valentines.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing photo indeed. God bless all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥