Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My word for 2010


I thought long and hard about my word for 2010 and have chosen the word "Excellence".  I no longer want to do things just to get it done or do it with only a half-hearted attempt.  I want to do all things as if I am doing it for the Lord. I want to seek Him with all my heart, not move unless I hear His voice clearly...and whatever I feel He is telling me I want to do to the best of my ability.  Even the mundane, the boring and the everyday things of life I want to do as if I am doing it for Him.


Now it seems this word can never be seen on it's own...there is 8 Keys to excellence and they are:
Success_Key

Integrity
The state of authenticity when our values and actions are aligned. Integrity happens when what we value is evident in our actions.
Success_Key

Failure Leads to Success
Feedback from failures provides the information we need to learn so we can succeed.
Success_Key

Speak with Good Purpose
Speaking in a positive manner. Being responsible for honest and direct communication and focusing on truth-telling, and maintaining integrity.
Success_Key

This is It!
The commitment to focus our attention on the present moment and the willingness to make whatever we are doing most important.
Success_Key

Commitment
The ability to follow our vision without wavering; staying true to the course.
Success_Key

Ownership
The quality of accountability and responsibility. The ability to be counted upon and the willingness to take responsibility for the choices we make.
Success_Key

Flexibility
The willingness to change what we are doing to achieve the outcome we desire. Flexibility allows us to choose the best option to accomplish the outcome.
Success_Key

Balance
Balance is our personal 'bank account' of meaning and fulfillment within our life. To stay in balance we must make the choices that give the greatest meaning to us.

Have you chosen your word...if you have please share it.

19 comments:

  1. That's a big word you've chosen - but I am certain that the Lynette that I have come to know will more than live up to it.

    My word is Patience - something i so struggle to be, but so far seem to be managing better than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!What a great post!! Very much inspirational:) thanks a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is Failure Leads To Success.. i have failed many times in life.. but i have gained plenty after being so.. failing doesnt mean we are losing all, but gaining the wisdom so that we do not repeat them once again..
    thanks for sharing these important quotes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza!
    you're aiming very high.
    I do hope that 2010 is all that you hope for amd dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great post.

    My word... I don't know yet, so far it seems to be peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Stefanie, I am aiming hgh...but I feel that this word has a lot to do with my attitude and the choices I made. Last year my word was "Laugh" and I had very little control over what is going to make me laugh and what is going to make me cry...now I want to get myself a bracelet with my word on it...as a reminder.

    I will also keep this blog updated with my failures and my victories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word as you saw on my blog is DREAM. So far it seems to be exactly the right word for me.
    I love your word. It is a hard one to live up to, but more than worth it to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Lynette! For such and amazing post!!! SO Inspirational!!! Love it! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynette. This is a beautiful post. I don't know if you have visited my traveling blog which is in Greek and in English HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great word Lynette! Rather too ambitious for me this year though - I have chosen my word for this year & will share it on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that scripture!

    Its so gutsy to strive for excellence! It's not easy. In our world it seems is only striving for just getting things done. Yet, I don't believe that we are called to be mediocre

    So you go girl! Be bold and strive for excellence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow lynette! You should do Motivational speaking! Your words are powerful... thanks for sharing your energy, determination, faith and dedication x.
    My word?? Can you spell B.U.S.Y. ???
    I sense my year is going to be a huge juggling act... different schools for my children, extra murals increasing, trying to actually work effectively with the limited hours I have to practice.. and make a difference in my patients lives, trying to be a supportive wife, mother..... phew... I need a clone x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love your word for 2010, Lynette & the 8 keys to excellence! I just might want to use some of them as journaling !
    It's a word that came up often for me the last 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post and great word...

    I have also blogged about my word for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great post! I still need to think about a word, but I know what I lack most in my life - so it should be "organize" in practical but also religious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my word for 2010 is BELIEVE..for many reasons, but oneof the reason is here:http://kateblue.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-action-one-belief-one-word.html

    KateB

    ReplyDelete
  17. How I loved your ispirational and meaningful post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH heng. I havent even given it a moments thought but must confess when I saw your word it kinda made me want to crawl into a hole!! But as I read it I began to understand what you mean....I am a bit more like Kirsty....this year is a huge juggling act for me so I would be tempted to name my word SURVIVE! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. great word! Lovin it! That is what we always try to teach the student athletes! Excellence unto the Lord in every area of life! Love it; great word!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥