Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A heart full of gratitude


I remember when I started blogging I tried to keep my life in compartments.
  • My life and the people I care about
  • Scrapbooking
  • My life as a child of the Lord
  • The work that my DH and I have been called to.
Initially I only blogged about scrapping, hiding behind creativity and to afraid to show who I am.  Gradually while reading other blogs I became more daring and started posting about my walk with the Lord and the difficulties I face in my day-to-day life..  I always have this THING that I don't want to push our ministry onto people.  Even in our cell group DH and I are hesitant to talk about what we do on a day-to-day basis.  Not everybody understands our passion for the poor, the broken, the outcast and the lost.  We don't expect anybody to feel the way we do about them, after all, it is not a natural thing to love the unlovable.

Through the past 11 years in ministry I found that giving to others is a joy and a delight.  Over the years I have also found that people who become volunteers at the mission are changed by the service they do...and at the end of the day they receive so much blessing through their service. I started blogging a bit about the goings on at the Mission, because the ministry we are in is  very much part of what makes me the person I am.  I was blown away when my dear friend at Robin's Perch contacted me with the idea of making a difference.  Collecting underwear for the people in our care is such a precious idea.  There is just something so intimate and personal about underwear...I can't imagine wearing somebody's hand-me-downs...can you?  I feel deeply humbled and grateful towards people who care enough to want to make a difference in a the life of a stranger.

xx

9 comments:

  1. I think it makes a difference in our lives too, it means that we are not as helpless as it may seem. Underwear,books, Lent for Liam, its the little things which make the huge differences.
    What amazes me is the capacity for giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys must be such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its wonderful work & you must make a huge difference in peoples lives all to the glory of God. I think the idea of someone receiving something to restore their dignity & sense of self is wonderful & especially when I look at what choices I have. I hope you carry on sharing & caring its very motivating for others too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What u r doing for God is treasured.. may He continues to bless the missionary u r serving..

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are doing such a great job:) we need more people like you on earth:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette - I am going to do Robins perch's project. We have book club next friday, and I will get all the girls to bring some new underwear to donate.
    Can you let me know via email what you would need the most - ie: kiddies, ladies, mens underwear? ta x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lot of people I have spoken to are really excited about helping. It is something very tangible and I'm impressed with how many people have already brought me their goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the motto: "We can make a difference". Hugs, Philip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥